total n00b

good morning everyone i am wanting to get into trucking im going for my air breaks in a few weeks then shortly there after im living in southern alberta so any tips or tricks that would be helpful i would love to hear

good morning everyone i am wanting to get into trucking im going for my air breaks in a few weeks then shortly there after im living in southern alberta so any tips or tricks that would be helpful i would love to hear
First off welcome to the forum.I've been all over Canada,it's a BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY.Hang in there you'll find something.But it may take some time due to the bad economy.

That is true, it is going to be tough at first, given how slow things are. Not familiar with the companies in Canada, but maybe somebody here will have some ideas.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have ya.

I got a friend in Edmonton and from what i understand from her is work is more plentiful there than here. She tells me trucking jobs there are on every street corner. Too bad , it's just too cold up there for this florida boy. I'd freeze to death.

You got that right,here in Iowa it's cold but don't even compare to canada.aaron can you explain what you mean by tickets and certification in your job search.I'm from America,I don't understand that fancy talk.LOL

But the way america is going down hill.I'm tempted to move to Canada.I'll bet their prime minister is better then our commander in chief.

You're just starting out you won't need any permits unless you plan on becoming an owner operator.All you have to worry about is getting your CDL.Many companies have a program.You sign on with them a year and in order to have them pay for your schooling but i would suggest going to school not a trucking company.But aaron I would STRONGLY SUGGEST waiting to go with any company here in America and i'll bet many will back me up on this.We have A REAL BAD economy and it's getting worse.Many companies here have a hireing freeze,many are closing and many laying off.Alot of ppl including myself are looking.I lost my job 2 months ago.

Welcome to the forums....
I'll put you in touch with my friends up North... 10-4?
They are all Canadian drivers and may help you along the way..
Just Tell ( SCOTT ) you where forwarded into his arms by OverTime or SilverSurfer from: UnitedCDL or TheAmericanDriver.....
He'll hopefully also welcome you with open arms... 42?

Good luck..
http://www.www.nospeedlimiter.ca

all the best,
O.T

how many of you bring your dogs on the road with you

I don't need leg humping competition. i wouldn't want to be humping some chicks leg and look over and see my dog getting the other leg. reminds me of this time at Rehab when me , this chick, a midget , a blow up doll and a donkey were down by the lake smokin weed and one thing led to another..................:woohoo:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread