Texas to initiate single 70 mph speed limit for all vehicles Thursday

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
AUSTIN — Notice to truckers.

There’s only one speed limit in Texas beginning Thursday.

House Bill 1353 passed by the 82nd Texas Legislature and signed by Gov. Rick Perry sets the speed limit at 70 mph for all vehicles day and night.

Previously, trucks were limited to 65 mph at all times and both cars and trucks were limited to 65 mph at night.

The legislation also allows the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to create a 75-mile per hour speed limit on any state highway found to be reasonable and safe through a speed study.

TxDOT will be reviewing existing 70-mile per hour speed limits to determine where a 75-mile per hour speed limit may be safely posted, the department said in a news release.

full story

I got a warning earlier this year, because I passed a Trooper on 287. I was doing 72 when I passed him, and I "thought" it was still daylight outside. He disagreed rather rudely, but let me off with a warning.

I got a warning earlier this year, because I passed a Trooper on 287. I was doing 72 when I passed him, and I "thought" it was still daylight outside. He disagreed rather rudely, but let me off with a warning.

So did this "Officer" tell you what the official definition of night time is?

I was just going to say the same thing.Trks are 70 during the day and 65 at night.Thought it was something I missed.Then thought have I been speeding this entire time and never got pulled over,LOL.I do Texas every week,this load is going to Dalls.I'm not going to jump for joy raising the speedlimit,I think 70 is plenty fast enough.
When were trucks limited to 65 in the daytime?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom