Tapping your cellphone

Grinder

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-68JlmeUxk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Tapping your cell phone[/ame]

First of all, you have to be dumb enough to let someone have your phone long enough to install the software. Second, people think surfing on the phone is safer than surfing on their PC. If people used the same, common sense security practices on their cell phone that they use on their computers, this wouldn't be an issue.

First of all, you have to be dumb enough to let someone have your phone long enough to install the software. Second, people think surfing on the phone is safer than surfing on their PC. If people used the same, common sense security practices on their cell phone that they use on their computers, this wouldn't be an issue.

With all due respect...are you sure this wouldn't be an issue? First couple of things that come to mind when I read reports and articles, or listen to video clips about this issue is...Super Cray Computer (Black Widow,) and Mark Klien's interviews about our Gov't and AT&T...as well as the legislation passed last year (FISA act) regarding IP server hosts and cell phone companies. To express your opinion in the manner you have about this issue is very nieve my friend.

-ss-

Used to work Data Support (Tier 2.5) for AT&T. You have to install software on the phone in order to be able to trace it like the video in the OP suggests.

Your reference to FISA and telecommunication companies is a completely different issue in where the records kept by the system can be provided to the government.

You have to install software on the phone in order to be able to trace it like the video in the OP suggests.

First of all, you have to be dumb enough to let someone have your phone long enough to install the software.

No you dont. You don't need physical possession of the phone.

FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool | Tech News on ZDNet

The U.S. Commerce Department's security office warns that "a cellular telephone can be turned into a microphone and transmitter for the purpose of listening to conversations in the vicinity of the phone." An article in the Financial Times last year said mobile providers can "remotely install a piece of software on to any handset, without the owner's knowledge, which will activate the microphone even when its owner is not making a call."

If they can do it, so can hackers.

This thread is getting funny.

Did you know it is easier to hack into a web cam than it is a cell phone ? And by saying that , i'm not saying who, but please put your pants back on.

Its almost creepy to think that someone could be looking at you thru your web cam and you not even know it.

Nothing new here.
1984 by George Orwell written in 1949.

Naaahh it'll never happen(?)

Used to work Data Support (Tier 2.5) for AT&T. You have to install software on the phone in order to be able to trace it like the video in the OP suggests.

Your reference to FISA and telecommunication companies is a completely different issue in where the records kept by the system can be provided to the government.

Grinder covers the rebuttal to installing software directly onto the phone. As to records being kept and provided to the gov't...this is not correct. Cell providers, such as AT&T, have installed splitter systems within the telecommunication system which allows the gov't to directly receive communications. You may think this is a seperate issue...but I am of a different opinion.

-ss-

Its almost creepy to think that someone could be looking at you thru your web cam and you not even know it.

That's why my web cam is in a drawer in the other room. People like you, tying to look at my Webster.

But with all the hype with the Gov't invasion, perhaps the phone come with the software installed already.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread