Recent graduate from trucking school looking for advice

I just graduated from truck driving school in north GA and have my CDL Class A. I am in the process of getting my hazmat & tanker endorsements. My question is what is a good starter company for me? I have been offered conditional jobs with these companies but don't know which one to go with, and would appreciate any info that might help with making a decision.
CTL which is a tanker division of COMCARR
Schneider
Trans Am
US Xpress
Covenant
Werner
Swift
KLLM
TMC
I was thinking CTL would be great for the experience of driving a tanker with hazmats, because maybe after 1-3 years I would be able to get a local job driving a tanker truck delivering fuel to the gas stations.
Also I was wondering what types of questions should I be asking the recruiters when I have them on the phone?
Thanks in advance for your help.
White Lightening

I wish you the best of luck White Lightning times being what they are. If you do not want to run team, stay away from Covenant. They require that for AT LEAST your first 6 months. I suspect they'll try to get you to run team even longer. Team wise, I can't speak of some of the others on your list (whether they require team or not). Last I knew, Swift did not. Werner did not, but you'll be on a regional with Werner if you do not want to run team. I believe Werner only runs teams for 48 state now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread