Load Boards

Zrex

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the difference between the various load boards. Example: Truckstop.com vs DAT etc. etc.
I am not really familiar with any load boards. What's your favorite and why do you like that particular board? Thanks in advance.

All the boards are the same.

DAT just announced rolling getloaded.com into DAT.

Bulkloadsnow.com just like it sounds.

Industry standard seems to be truckstop.com

mndriver, I have been following this board for a while and have come to the conclusion that you are very knowledgeable and very savvy. What load board do you use and what package do you use?

Basic internet truckstop is the load board I use.

I have the fuel desk and broker credit score add-ons.

It's $105 every month

Thanks

Last edited:
Please explain that to me. What do you mean broker credit score add-ons? Internet truckstop informed me today that their basic package was $35 a month. Did you just add the fuel desk and I assume the board package that allows you see The brokers credit score?

That's exactly what it is. Lets me see their "credit score" as kept by truckstop. Especially the days to pay history. The only brokers that have stiffed me were both "A" rated. However, I refuse to haul for anyone with a 30+ days to pay. Most times, I try to keep it under 18-20 days to pay.

Fuel desk can be really handy when trip planning and finding cheapest fuel. Both at pump and base prices.

That's exactly what it is. Lets me see their "credit score" as kept by truckstop. Especially the days to pay history. The only brokers that have stiffed me were both "A" rated. However, I refuse to haul for anyone with a 30+ days to pay. Most times, I try to keep it under 18-20 days to pay.

Fuel desk can be really handy when trip planning and finding cheapest fuel. Both at pump and base prices.
Good to know, I should have gone with truckstop. I'm going to try DAT for a while, then maybe switch.

I would suggest everyone to sign up with D&S Factor company. Once your signed up you get to log into their system and type in a brokers MC number. If D&S won't factor them then you should not haul that load. Many times Internet Truckstop lists a broker as "A" rated but factoring companies will not deal with them. You don't have to factor any loads with D&S, just use their site to vet a broker.

Good to know, I should have gone with truckstop. I'm going to try DAT for a while, then maybe switch.
I tried getloaded, truckstop, DAT, trucker's advantage (DAT board for ooida) and a couple others. I finally settled on truckstop.

Seeing the same loads every where. But it was easiest to navigate. I'd ask brokers too what board they used. "Truckstop"....

Is it just me? or most of brokers listed in DAT have bad reviews. Seems like 3 out of 5 is like really good company...
It seems every company has burned some carriers. How can you have any faith in them and take their load?

I try to use a lot of the brokers I've had luck with in the past and start running the same lanes.

How about those big names, like: JB Hunt, CH Robinson, Landstar, XPO, TQL, ECho, Worldwide, etc.
Are they as bad as smaller guys?

No they are actually pretty decent as brokers. The smaller ships tend to give me the most issues.

Great, so I should look for big names.

If a carrier is taking a load from the board, first he would select a load, ask for ratecon, then deliver, then submit the signed papers?
Is it as simple as that? or is this more involved?

Thanks.

Pretty much that simple.

Negotiate
Rate con
Bol
Invoice
Payment

As to who use or not to use?

Can't really say. Both size brokers have their points. I have one broker whom I can set myself up with very steady and consistent work. Almost dedicated. But it's low rates.

When I work the spot market, I get much higher rates but with more risk because brokers are always changing.

Pretty much that simple.

Negotiate
Rate con
Bol
Invoice
Payment

As to who use or not to use?

Can't really say. Both size brokers have their points. I have one broker whom I can set myself up with very steady and consistent work. Almost dedicated. But it's low rates.

When I work the spot market, I get much higher rates but with more risk because brokers are always changing.
Right, it doesn't seem easy or straight forward as far as setting your operation that's best.
Do you see a need for certain type of information or a function? I'll try Truckstop, but none of the loadboards seem easy to use (or seems lacking something that I can use).

Questions that are basic....

What's to be hauled?
Any special needs?
How many stops?
When does it load? Where?
when does it deliver? Where?
rate?
Lumper? Reimbursed?
Wash out if needed? Reimbursed?

If you don't agree to any of that, don't haul it.

Questions that are basic....

What's to be hauled?
Any special needs?
How many stops?
When does it load? Where?
when does it deliver? Where?
rate?
Lumper? Reimbursed?
Wash out if needed? Reimbursed?

If you don't agree to any of that, don't haul it.
Good to know, thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread