Interviewing truck drivers for a university project

ajb7

Hi all - I am a graduate college student working with a classmate on a software project to help long-haul truckers.

I was hoping to learn more about the job and the industry. Would anyone be willing to share a bit of their experience over a quick phone interview?

Would be very grateful!

Thanks,

AJ

I talked to him a few weeks ago. Good kid and it's not a scam or anything. I think he really needs to be talking to owner-operators with their own authority though.

I talked to him a few weeks ago. Good kid and it's not a scam or anything. I think he really needs to be talking to owner-operators with their own authority though.
I was pretty sure it was not a scam. ( I checked it out) Good to know that they are more directed at Owner Op's. I am sure they would not know their target group of trucking. From the outside looking in, It all looks like trucking.

I have my own authority.

Yep. from my feet to about 6 inches above my knees.

96692133-Touching-toes.jpg

Anything nort of that someone else has full control over.

How about those of us running with no DOT authority?

Mwahaha!

:stirpot:

I'm too sexy for the DOT

Last edited:
Why an O/O with there own authority?

They're looking to develop apps/software that simplify and automate daily tasks for drivers. Granted, you can have several different apps and programs to do a lot of things like finding loads, finding the best routes, locating lowest fuel prices, etc..., but they want to put something together that would put it all in one place. Basically.

Reactions: Tim
You don't need your own authority to be paying for your own fuel. This type of app might be handy for those of us leased onto a carrier and running under their authority.

But, if the youngster doesn't want their (our) input, so be it.

You don't need your own authority to be paying for your own fuel. This type of app might be handy for those of us leased onto a carrier and running under their authority.

But, if the youngster doesn't want their (our) input, so be it.

I was the one who suggested people with their own authority. He's more than happy to talk to anyone who's willing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread