Insurance prices on the rise

** Commie Express **
Premium
Everyone who has Northland insurance received a letter saying their insurance could go up over 25%. I was informed the law requires insurance companies to notify people when rates go up over 25%. I was like, holy crap!!!

I just got my renewal quote and it went up around $900. Not too bad. I'm now at $6,900. That's for everything. Truck, trailer, liability, cargo,comprehensive and collision. Pretty much 100% of what you would want.

Mine wasn't too bad because mine is an older truck. Those of you with newer trucks will get hit hard. A minor fender bender on a newer model truck has a huge price tag now.

My car insurance is only 91$ :O And I thought that was high. I feel a lot better now lol.

How much are you insured for on cargo?

$100,000 but occasionally buy for up to $250,000. That costs around $35 bucks for one week.
I have all the optional stuff too like towing and a wetness clause. If my load gets wet and rejected they cover the cost to take it off and sell it and I get paid for the haul too. There's a whole bunch of other cool stuff. It's called something like the Premium Package. I can't remember how much it is but just one tow job would cover it 10 times over. My truck is also not covered for book value but a fixed price if it's totaled.

My car insurance is only 91$ :O And I thought that was high. I feel a lot better now lol.
He's talking about annually, ... I think.

$91 x 12 months would be $1092. I pay about $650 for state minimum liability on my 2003 Buick Century but that's because I was able to tell them my daily commute to work is 0.92 miles. I park the company-owned truck at my dad's farm, and my apartment is 2.3 miles away, and I only make that trip once a week when I'm assigned to a truck, so a total of 4.6 miles divided by a 5 day work-week, is 0.92 miles per day. I explained that reasoning to the agent & he shrugged & said "we can go with that".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom