Id rather be Homeless than "Chrome-Less"

Move to "CUBA" ain't been able Import newer cars since the Communist Revolution..

Yet "eh" Hot Nice Ladies but ya gotta go thru another country 2 access CUBA..

Or just venture down Southern Florida
That's what I hear. Cuba is full of '57 Chevies and Tuckers and Edsels.
That is one of the reasons my Dad wanted to go to Cuba was for the cars.
But I hear it is getting harder and harder for Cubans to find parts for their '50's/60's era cars.

But I hear it is getting harder and harder for Cubans to find parts for their '50's/60's era cars.
Like all former "Soviet" Communism States there always was Good "Spying" .

Reverse 'Engineering"

Yeah I'm sure China will help them out with some extremely poor quality aftermarket parts. Cheaply made garbage is the only thing that country exports.
I'm sure Castro and Xi Jing Ping are "Commerades"..

Even Kim Yo Jung North Korea celebration Castro's B-Day

I love those beauties! :thumbsup: Too bad they don't make cars like that anymore😥

When I was in the Dominican Republic many, many years ago... They had a saying they measure a man by the size of his car. (that was only a couple guys not sure how true it is)

Thanks for keeping classic Cadillacs alive. Without pimping it out:thumbsup:
I like them as factory stock as I can get them. The only thing that I disable are the emissions systems and take the Cats off of the newer ones. Let them breathe.

Lots of Russian Trabants running around too. When the parts wear out, many of the old timers simply make the parts or have family smuggle them in via Miami and Amazon.

I like them as factory stock as I can get them. The only thing that I disable are the emissions systems and take the Cats off of the newer ones. Let them breathe.
My 77 Ford truck is all original except for the plastic gas tank because I blew up the old steel one with the air compressor.

And I removed the EGR valve and made a steel plate & gasket to bolt over the hole it left behind in the intake manifold.

But it's just a straight six and a 3-on-the-tree.

I leave everything in place, just disable it. Take off the vacuum line to the EGR, put a small ball bearing in the line and plug it back in. I do that to all the emissions applications. That way, when I go to the Cadillac Grand Nationals for judging, the car appears as it was purchased and not modified. It amazes me the knowledge some of these people have and can tell you if the little knobs on the lighters are correct and the right color and style. No one has yet to look under the cars to see if the converters are still there. On the blue El Dorado, I pulled the cat and replaced it with a small muffler to keep it nice and quiet. Cats started in 1975 and 1976 is as new as I want to keep.

On the 72-74 El Dorado's, that pimp car package that we have all seen in the movies is called the Superfly. It was a factory package offered for installation by the selling dealers. It had the 3 color headlight covers, curb feelers, more extra chrome and SS mouldings than I can tell you about, fuzzy door panels and dash, the wire wheels/covers, depending on how much you wanted to spend on them and more interior styles. It also included the continental kit on the rear deck.

I had up to 5 at one time. Many were just cars that I bought cheap, put a few $$$ in them and sold them off for a small profit. My 2 favorite cars are the '76 El Dorado that I pictured. That was the picture used for the June 2020 Cadillac Club calendar and the '1959 Sedan de Ville, that I sold just prior to moving up here from Ft. Lauderdale. I added
A/C and seat covers to preserve the original interior.

100_4277.jpg100_4281.jpg100_4279.jpg

Uncle Birchy what truckstop did you find that cap at ? I had one like it and lost it .. I've been looking for 2 years ....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread