How’d you learn what you know?

I asked one guy a question if he'd brake an air line to a parking brake on the trailer. Service brakes still functional.

Would you cage the spring brake and zip tie the air line to get you home to fix it in the shop?.....

Holy Hanna broken brakes Batman. You'd have thought I'd asked him to betray HRC.

He was gonna report the company to the Dot, he was being expected to operate an Out-of-service piece of equipment. Illegally. Time to call the US Marshalls.

I asked him if he know of a book from cvsa that gave oos criteria. Was he aware you could have a percentage of brakes non-functional.

I was so out of touch. I had no business running a trucking company . On and on and on....

And then I told him I wasn't interested in leasing him on..

It was a personal insult how I wasn't willing to bring someone on of his caliber......

Yeah, he'd have been one of those big into #BSM.
😄 That depends. Empty or loaded? Are we talking a few hours or cross country? Are there any mountains involved? All trailer brakes is something like 40 percent or more of a rig depending on the number of axles. Soooooo many variables and counter questions.

2 out of 10 on a standard 5 axle. Thats says defective though. I would THINK that means how many can be out of adjustment not gone completely. You may be right too though.. I was thinking more common sense than oh no they may put me out of service as in taking 100k through mountain passes with no trailer brakes may not be the finest idea. **** the DOT if they're my ONLY issue. I'd hem up the cans and go through the woods all day sooner than sit.

😄 That depends. Empty or loaded? Are we talking a few hours or cross country? Are there any mountains involved? All trailer brakes is something like 40 percent or more of a rig depending on the number of axles. Soooooo many variables and counter questions.
****ing send it, bud!! They never check brakes on a roadside, that I’ve been a part of least ways

Remember how wound up people got when I drove 900 miles home with a leaking wheel seal on the trailer? :biglaugh:

****ing send it, bud!! They never check brakes on a roadside, that I’ve been a part of least ways

Remember how wound up people got when I drove 900 miles home with a leaking wheel seal on the trailer? :biglaugh:
Hey, I'm all for ****ery afoot but I'd still appreciate knowing how deep I'm going. Even Evil Knievel knew how many cars or school buses he was jumping.

Hey, I'm all for ****ery afoot but I'd still appreciate knowing how deep I'm going. Even Evil Knievel knew how many cars or school buses he was jumping.
True, which is why circumstance is important. Want me to cage them to get home? Sure

Cage them, come home, deliver reload head back out with it, nah I’ll pass.

Cage a couple brakes and hit the Coq in winter? Maybe loaded light in good weather

Umm, yeah, if some owner came at me and the first questions they have is about how far I am willing to drag their broke down POS equipment so they could save a buck, I would be walking away, backwards. :rolllaugh:

How far I am willing to drag your POS broke down equipment would depend on how well I was treated but, you don't get that right out of the gate. This is a give and take.

Yes, I have limped and fixed equipment because we built a give and take relationship. I can't imagine working for a company where this is even a question during interview.

Umm, yeah, if some owner came at me and the first questions they have is about how far I am willing to drag their broke down POS equipment so they could save a buck, I would be walking away, backwards. :rolllaugh:

How far I am willing to drag your POS broke down equipment would depend on how well I was treated but, you don't get that right out of the gate. This is a give and take.

Yes, I have limped and fixed equipment because we built a give and take relationship. I can't imagine working for a company where this is even a question during interview.

Welp you're not qualified for employment at Ugly Headlights, LLC. Sucks to be you.
---------
Okay in all seriousness that is indeed a stupid ass red flag question to ask as a potential employer. That tells me your equipment is garbage and I'm not gonna make any money due to incessant breakdowns. And you're gonna expect me to fix everything for no pay because you're a cheapskate.

Every serious inspection I've ever had, the one thing that's always checked is brakes.

Then you totally missed the intent of the questions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread