Hodge Transportation and warehousing

Flatbedpete

Drivers unite
Hodge Transportation and warehousing out of Ellisville MO is not a trustworthy broker. They don't honor the contract or pay. They will give you verbal instruction and then deny they did anything. They are also only bonded for $10,000 and not authorized for brokering anything but general freight. O/O beware!!!!!!!!!:paddle:

Hey I have got an idea! Take your little john deere skid steer down to their office, and run it around inside for a while! I bet that they find their checkbook real quick. LOL

Have they been reported? If they are what you say they are O/O's everywhere need to know. The funny thing about it is that there still are some companies and O/O's that will continue to use them. Then when they get burned, they'll claim the "I didn't know they were like that" clause and then act like they are owed something. For all of those O/O's out there puttin' it down doing what they have to do to take care of themselves and their loved ones......I got nothing but respect for you and what you do. Watch all of these brokers, they are the ones that want something for nothing. Really, think about it that's all............Peace.

They have been reported to ITS, but I'm not sure where else to report it to let other drivers know. Sadly, it wasn't so much the broker as it was the shipper, Diamond Plastics, out of Muncie, IN, it was their fault it all went to hell and they refused to speak to us or the broker so we did what we could in a bad situation. Don't misunderstand me, the broker was wrong as well, but his customer, Diamond, were the ones ultimately to blame, even the judge told him, "You are suing the wrong person". We counter sued them for our detention time and we won in court. The judge awarded us the cost of the original load and court costs to file the countersuit. We didn't get the detention pay but it could easily have gone the other way and we could have had to pay for all the towing expenses ($3,700.00). We lucked out and got a judge with common sense. When that load check arrived I just KNOW it was signed in blood. I'm sure he's never had another O/O counter-sue him or even fight it, they probably turned it in to their insurance and paid the higher rates, we didn't feel we should HAVE to do that just to end the situation, WE did nothing wrong and were not negligent in any way as his lawsuit claimed, in fact it was the straps on our trailed that kept the pipe from hitting the deck and other drivers, possibly hurting or killing innocent people. It cost us to fight the lawsuit, but it was worth it just to prove to this guy that not every driver will get bullied around by this slick talking broker.

False Information!! This broker does pay and we have dealt with them before. Their rate confirmations are crappy but they pay and we have been with them the last 5 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread