Facebook

HHC4U

How many of you on this forum are using Facebook?

What do you use Facebook for? Connecting with friends and family, or meeting new people?

I use it daily to stay in touch with family that are out of state....I also play fishville so I have to feed my fishes...lol....

facebook is a joke. its constantly getting hacked and sending viruses and its nothing better than another place for women to gossip.

I know a lot of peeps who do facebook. My son, other family members, and, a lot of folks I know use it, and, they all say, "it's how I keep up with friends and family, AND, I've caught up with lots of people I haven't spoke to since high school." Okay, that last part was all I needed to hear. I didn't like most of those mugs in high school, so why would I suddenly want to reintroduce them into my life now? No way, Jose... ain't doin' it. That closet is to remain closed, forever. Out of sight... out of mind. Life simplified.

I know a lot of peeps who do facebook. My son, other family members, and, a lot of folks I know use it, and, they all say, "it's how I keep up with friends and family, AND, I've caught up with lots of people I haven't spoke to since high school." Okay, that last part was all I needed to hear. I didn't like most of those mugs in high school, so why would I suddenly want to reintroduce them into my life now? No way, Jose... ain't doin' it. That closet is to remain closed, forever. Out of sight... out of mind. Life simplified.

What I can't figure is why everyone makes fun of MySpace, and prefers Facebook, and even Twitter. It's all the same garbage. Motel 6 has a funny commercial where that Tom Bodett guy runs out of characters mid message then says "Well, I can see why this is so popular..."

It is an easy way to keep in touch with family, I will say that. Anything that prevents visits - either coming or going is good. What I don't get is people who will accept a friend request, then when you send them a "Hey how you been whats happening, did your career in **** ever take off" type message, they don't respond...

...is this a "networking" site? reply to your messages people. Not like it's heavy lifting or anything...

...and it's starting to be invaded by crap just like MySpace was, and why it's a ghost town now. I've gotten several requests from scantilly clad teen "girls" that just scream "To Catch a Predator" or "Give Your Computer a Freakin' Virus" written all over them.

. . . . . . What I don't get is people who will accept a friend request, then when you send them a "Hey how you been whats happening, did your career in **** ever take off" type message, they don't respond...

...is this a "networking" site? reply to your messages people. Not like it's heavy lifting or anything...

...and it's starting to be invaded by crap just like MySpace was, and why it's a ghost town now. I've gotten several requests from scantilly clad teen "girls" that just scream "To Catch a Predator" or "Give Your Computer a Freakin' Virus" written all over them. . . . . .

Several reasons why it ain't for me. I barely have time for things like forums.

Well, I gotta go, time to sleep. Getting up at 1 am to run over the pass to Seattle and drop off the airplane parts and then go home for a day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread