Dumb Cat

Most cats are natural born drama queens. If there is a bare spot bigger than a dime in the cat food dish I find two of the three cats laying toes-up on the kitchen floor. The third cat carries on like that if I've been outside working for a while and don't bring her a handful of grass to graze on when I come back in. :violin:

Last edited:
So @Duck did Mrs. Duck eventually get her cat or are you still forestalling the inevitable?
Still aint got no cats around here.

There was a stray cat living in the barn for a while but it kept shitting all over the place so I locked the pit bull in there for a while. I was hoping the dog would kill it but I think it just scared it away. I haven't seen it in a few weeks. It was orange like the one in the pic in the first post here.

I have always been a dog person. I like most animals, many of them more than people, but preferred dogs over cats.

My first wife's ugly, smelly, stupid mutt died a few months after she did in 2009 and my 14 year old Cocker/Springer mutt died in 2011. By then I was dating my present wife and she already had a cat. We didn't live together until just before we got married and she thought I would do better if I had something to talk to so she brought me a kitten. At first I wasn't amused by having a cat around, however I can't help but end up liking critters.

The third cat was a half starved stray that wandered out of the woods and started following me around one day. She was about the most lovable, trusting little thing and obviously not doing well on her own. We started leaving a little food for her then introduced her to the vet and the other cats and she is curled up on the couch next to me at the moment.

The good thing about cats is that as long as they have food, water and a place to crap we can take off for a week at a time if the mood strikes. I couldn't leave overnight without making arrangements a week in advance when we had dogs.

I don't mind kittens because they're cute & playful. But the problem with kittens is that they grow up & turn into CATS.

I hate cats. They can't be trained to stay off the furniture, and so you have to deal with cat hair everywhere. Even on the beds. It's disgusting.

You can teach a dog to stay off the furniture & the beds. But not cats.

What's wrong with cats and dogs on furniture? They're called pets for a reason. You're supposed to pet them.
They leave hair all over the furniture. I don't like sleeping on a bed that's covered with animal hair.

And I ain't never seen a dog or a cat clean up the hairs they leave all over the place.

Well, .... except this one maybe:

cat-vacuum.jpg

Dog and cat hair are not toxic. Children raised in homes with pets (and pet hair) are generally healthier than children who are not.

If you don't like the hair, don't get a puffy, long-haired animal.

The best part of owning a cat (besides their independent nature) is having it sit on your lap or curled up next to you on the couch. And yes, you can teach a cat to stay off the bed.

Dog and cat hair are not toxic. Children raised in homes with pets (and pet hair) are generally healthier than children who are not.

If you don't like the hair, don't get a puffy, long-haired animal.

The best part of owning a cat (besides their independent nature) is having it sit on your lap or curled up next to you on the couch. And yes, you can teach a cat to stay off the bed.

But why would you? I sleep much better with a purring kit beside me... or several..... or on top. :D

The trouble with dog people is that it ain't real hard to be smarter than your dog, but a cat? Now that's a whole different situation. You can't do telepathy with a dog.

You can't do telepathy with a dog.
Oh really?

My last dog (not this retarded pit bull I have now) was a freakin' canine rocket scientist.

That dog could pretty much read my mind. She'd be about to go nuts wanting outside & I'd just make a little "eh" noise & she'd immediately sit down & stop dancing around, then just stare at me. I'd open the door & she wouldn't even blink. Wouldn't even glance outside. I'd have a little staring contest and then all I'd have to do to give her permission to run out the door was quickly glance outside then back at her. As soon as my eyeballs moved in that direction, she'd bolt out the door. But if I glanced away from the door, she'd go back into the house & lay down on the floor in the living room, even if she had to race like a **** horse.

And I had a rule, ... I didn't allow the dog inside the truck because I'd be in trouble if the mechanics found dog hairs in the truck. I only had to bark at her once, and she learned not to jump up into the truck when I got home. Instead she'd wait next to the truck wagging her tail with her paws on the steps.

Dog's name was Raven. She was named after Loch Raven, which is a reservoir where we used to go fishing on the weekends when I was in the Baltimore area on a construction project in 2001.

Mrs. Duck has had cats that I've had to put up with having around the house, but the only cat that was ever truly mine was "Oscar". He was the son of a stray that was living in my garage about 10 years ago. I put the mama cat & it's kittens in a cardboard box, taped it shut (left air holes) and left it in front of the vet's office about 30 minutes before they opened one morning because I couldn't trick enough people into adopting the kittens. (my friend Eric & I tricked some little 8 or 9 yr old girls into taking 4 of them, but their parents were mad & made them bring them back) But I kept the only one that wasn't all black.

This one had the same black & white fur patterns as the dog, so I kept it. I named him Oscar because his favorite place to sleep was in the garbage can. Whenever it was time to take the garbage out, I always had to check to make sure the cat wasn't in there before I tied the bag shut.

It would talk to you. If you said "meow" it would meow back. (attached zip file contains a 1 second .wmv video clip. I have no idea if it's compatible with the geek phones but I don't care either)

I think I took the cat away from it's mother a little too soon, because it decided that the other big furry black thing was it's mother. They became best friends. Raven would growl if anybody other than me tried to pick up the cat. When the cat reached puberty, he would try to hump the dog. I have a video but I had to delete the sound because YouTube banned it in the United States because of the music that was playing in the garage when I recorded the video. I don't even remember what was playing. I think it was some FM radio station.

When the dog got knocked up by a pit bull owned by the illegal immigrants next door, and had puppies, the puppies played too rough with the cat & scared him off. The cat adopted my neighbor (half a mile down the road & across two creeks) and the cat lived over there for about 2 years before coyotes eventually got it.

Attachments

• Raven (98).JPG
    Raven (98).JPG
    704.3 KB · Views: 284
  • PICT0046.JPG
    PICT0046.JPG
    660.7 KB · Views: 288
  • Raven (84).jpg
    Raven (84).jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 303
  • Raven (87).jpg
    Raven (87).jpg
    575.1 KB · Views: 276
  • Raven (83).jpg
    Raven (83).jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 276
  • Raven (86).jpg
    Raven (86).jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 279
I was gonna try standing up for the cat by saying "He's just giving you the stink eye 'cuz your letting flys in." But no- that's a stupid cat!

Well I would be totally lost without our cats! o_O

I love each one of them and YES they do mind me. All it takes to train them is a spray bottle full of water!

:D Like SF said above.... I simply can not sleep without at least one cat and normally have about five of them in the bed with me. When I am ready for bed I just call out "come to bed" (and insert the cat/cats name) and they come on the run. Each one has their own spot on the bed. Oh and they make great vibrating heating pads! Sure feels good up against a sore back! ;)

Here are their names in order of age:
Sunny Bunny (female)
Oliver Wallace (male)
Joseph Walker (male)
Grumbles (male)
Tee Boy (male)
Sandy Man (male)
Dandy Dude (male)
Cameo Rose (female)
Michael George (male)
Travler Lee (male)
Twinkles Dee (female)

They range in size from Joseph at 27 lbs to Twinkles at 4 lbs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread