Driver trainer question

Chatzer

My husband and I are almost done with TDS. Company we are considering has eight week training. Each of us out with our own driver trainer. I'm assuming I will have a male trainer and I was wanting to know what to expect and not from a trainer? Also, I have to lift 90# for a test, any advice in preparing for this? After the eight weeks my husband and I will be OTR team drivers. Whoohoo. Thanks for your advice.

My husband and I are almost done with TDS. Company we are considering has eight week training. Each of us out with our own driver trainer. I'm assuming I will have a male trainer and I was wanting to know what to expect and not from a trainer? Also, I have to lift 90# for a test, any advice in preparing for this? After the eight weeks my husband and I will be OTR team drivers. Whoohoo. Thanks for your advice.
A lot of companies will match you and your trainer based on male/female and smoker/non. If they can't get you a female then depending on the setup you might get a motel at night if your driving as one, but if your teaming then I guess you just split the time in bed. I don't know on the team part...never done that.

As for the lifting, only advice is the lift and workout. Go to your local grocery store and grab two of the big bags of dogfood. They are usually 40-50lbs each. Stack them and see if you can lift them.

trainers/weight

Thanks Scorp. I do know that I will not have a female trainer, which is fine, I just want a top notch professional trainer. Dog food idea is a good one. I think I'm fine with 70ish pounds, horse feed and hay bails. I know 100# bails are very challenging for me. I got about four weeks b/4 weight test. Thanks again.
A lot of companies will match you and your trainer based on male/female and smoker/non. If they can't get you a female then depending on the setup you might get a motel at night if your driving as one, but if your teaming then I guess you just split the time in bed. I don't know on the team part...never done that.

As for the lifting, only advice is the lift and workout. Go to your local grocery store and grab two of the big bags of dogfood. They are usually 40-50lbs each. Stack them and see if you can lift them.

Do push-ups. You should be able to move from 70lbs to 90 lbs. in a few weeks. Walk/jog/run. Work on your legs. When you lift the 90 lbs. bend your knees and use those leg muscles. Don't just bend from the waist forward to pick it up.

Driver Trainer

Thanks for the good tips Tomboy. Leg muscles are where I'm concentrating my work outs. I currently lod 50# barbell in my hands at shoulder height while doing three sets of 20 leg squats. I'll add push ups to my routine.
Do push-ups. You should be able to move from 70lbs to 90 lbs. in a few weeks. Walk/jog/run. Work on your legs. When you lift the 90 lbs. bend your knees and use those leg muscles. Don't just bend from the waist forward to pick it up.

What or where did you do/go next?
Oh lets see,there was so many.I think it was Werner.Most companies don't have that weightlifting test or any test other then with the doctor.Don't know why some do,you won't be unloading anyways unless with that company u will.I have never unloaded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread