Comments on OOIDA's ELD exemption reflect dissatisfaction with mandate

What can be worse than those three? :stare1:
Dont forget NJ and MI. Heck the whole NE blows chunks
It takes grande cajones to truck th' NE.

:toothpick:

You must also purchase a device which FMCSA WILL NOT certify.
What a load of crap!!
:mad-97:

Small carriers and independents must also turn their personal information, the personal information on drivers AND PROPRIETARY COMPANY INFORMATION over to a third party.
What could possibly go wrong?
:rolleyes-80:
Ever heard of the V.A.?
Ever heard of social security?
Ever heard of the IRS?
Ever heard of hacking?

ELD's are a management tool without which big companies like yours would be spending ten's of thousands to compensate.
For small fleets they are nothing but a PIA POS that is unnecessary and lend nothing to efficiency...
which is why the mega's and ATA pukes have been pimping them to congress for years.

I view them no differently than driver cams.
I understand the point you're making here.

While I have no problem with my current version of Qualcomm that my employer has. I don't understand the fuss over recording the log electronic vs paper. If it's the same info dot will see...there is no longer a choice and I'm willing to bet there won't ever be a choice again. However having ignorant comments on a fed regs open forum of I'm afraid to stop to pee. That's a you problem. You need to operate safely, that's a choice you make. Have the intestinal fortitude to stand your ground with your employer. If you don't like how they react find a new job.

I am adversely against inward facing cameras. Especially if they can be remotely accessed at any time. You gave me a job. You gave me the keys to a 175k piece of machinery. You trusted me and I've done nothing to violate that trust...why the need to be able to spy on me any time you wish? You can put 1000 came point out in every direction. You put in that one facing in and I'm gone.

And also the folks saying they have to give all their info to a third party. And that's why they don't like it or agree. You already have other laws that require you to give all your info to a third party. It's called insurance. Now if that's your argument then you need to fight government required insurance as well.

I don't understand the fuss over recording the log electronic vs paper.
The issue is being able to easily cover up HOS violations in a paper logbook vs having the driveline locked up with an ELD.

All other "issues" are just strawman arguments as "reasons" that ELDs aren't necessary.

Don't forget Colorado! E-470 is now $58 for a 5 axle truck, with ExpressToll. Add another $10 or so if you're not set up with them. That's $1.00+/mi. range, and flat out highway robbery!
If you must take that road in an 18-wheeler, A) you don't own a RMCA, and B) you deserve to have your pocket picked by those azzhats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread