Cargo Theft

That's great. The more information, the less mistakes are made. I like that. :)
You will get the idea quickly. Example if you pick up a load at 30-35 thousand pounds and it is all the same product spread out the length of the trailer you should be fine, being as there is no way there is 34 thousand over the drives or tandems.
30 thousand used to be my go to the Cat scale point but nowadays with lighter equipment it is 35 thousand for me.

*Paper loads! weigh every paper load! because those rolls have to be set in the right place or you could be over on steers drives or tandems.

Be sure if you do CAt Scale a load to note where your air pressure gauge is at when you are legal and over.
Those gauges are not exact but it will give you an idea. When in doubt scale it.

knowing your truck is another thing that will come in time. I have had a few loads where the steering din't feel right and sure enough it was over weight.

You will get the idea quickly. Example if you pick up a load at 30-35 thousand pounds and it is all the same product spread out the length of the trailer you should be fine, being as there is no way there is 34 thousand over the drives or tandems.
30 thousand used to be my go to the Cat scale point but nowadays with lighter equipment it is 35 thousand for me.

*Paper loads! weigh every paper load! because those rolls have to be set in the right place or you could be over on steers drives or tandems.

Be sure if you do CAt Scale a load to note where your air pressure gauge is at when you are legal and over.
Those gauges are not exact but it will give you an idea. When in doubt scale it.

knowing your truck is another thing that will come in time. I have had a few loads where the steering din't feel right and sure enough it was over weight.
ah yes...paper loads..those BIG HEAVY rolls of paper......

I've felt the difference in weight of loads and kinda know what you're talking about. This new place only has 10 speeds, which I haven't driven in a while. I was looking forward to an automatic. I think the mentor that I'll be with have lots to say about scaling the loads. Can't wait till Monday!!! :shift: :green-bounce: Then I recommend everyone stay off the sidewalks until I get used to the 10 speed again!!!! :rolllaugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom