Black Smoke Matters

Drivers only have 11 hours a shift to reach their destination , only!! Roflmao.

Can't run at safe pace??? Seriously?? Lol.

So people are bitchin' about not getting paid for all the hours they work.....

And to fix that...

They want to have a way to cheat the one method of tracking how much they work, to lie and work more, but show the same number of hours.

I commented on one of the BSM FB posts that the only way to get the attention they seek is to blockade a few selected grocery warehouses. The scattered shutdown won't have nearly a high enough percentage of trucks to even be noticeable.

Nobody even bothered to comment.
That’s because doing that wouldn’t be putting on the big show on the highway with the chromed out peterbilts covered with giant American flags blocking out the sun. It’s all a bunch of crap.

The evidence is in my life experience. I spent approx 12 yrs of my life going in front of judges. I can honestly say I never once was treated unfairly, matter of fact quite the opposite.

In addition I have never been ordered to pay any restitution or had any fines (revenue)levied against me.
Again I'll have to disagree with your sentiment for which the courts were designed for.
Good for you- bring it to the politics forum and lets discuss it.

Really. The principles of Liberty don’t change. And the 9th Circus has a solid history of having their findings reversed by SCOTUS. I believe their track record for cases that move forward is something like 80% that get reversed. Miller Vs Reed pertained more to the religious aspects of requiring a social security number to the DMV. I used to have similar arguments with people in Chicago about the unconstitutionally of the Chicago Handgun Ban, which was in place for something like 37 years. They all said I was crazy. Then a case finally went forward and it was struck down. I’m not saying there can’t be any regulations in place regarding driving, but I will never concede that any activity exists as a privilege.
If it was a privilege, they'd be able to say "no, I won't give you a license because I don't like your hair. I don't like your name. You remind me of someone I don't like. Screw you, I only give licenses to people with even numbered birthdays and yours is the 7th....

They can't do that.

If you are old enough, have the necessary skills and training, can prove your citizenship or legal permission to be here they HAVE TO give you the license.

That makes it a right.

Just like how you have the RIGHT to vote,..... If you're old enough and can prove you are a citizen.

Just like you have the RIGHT to own a gun.... If you're old enough, can prove you're a citizen and blah blah blah...

So people are *in' about not getting paid for all the hours they work.....

And to fix that...

They want to have a way to cheat the one method of tracking how much they work, to lie and work more, but show the same number of hours.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Even though I understand that most of you are perfectly fine with having electronic tracking devices on your truck, there are many of us old-school patriotic red blooded American types that are still offended by the thought of government mandated electronic tracking. If you think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and want the government to track you even more, then by all means sit this one out. But we are not only protesting the ELD. We are asking for hours of service reform. Not so that we can work more hours, but so that we have more flexibility to make up for all the various delays that occur between shippers, receivers, weather delays, accidents, construction, dealing with mechanical problems, etc. We do not all face the same schedule challenges. Someone who runs long haul in a dry van has no idea the kind of schedule challenges a short haul step deck or a regional flatbedder face. Flexibility. No ELD mandate, and no more 90 day “veterans” of the industry becoming a trainer and running team with a student fresh out of CDL training. And consistent enforcement standards with an emphasis on actual safety... Go ahead and show me one accident that was ever blamed on not having the instruction sheet for an ELD device. I’ll wait. Go ahead and show me one accident that was ever blamed on not having the instructions sheet for ELD the device. Or one burned out marker lamp, in a row of marker lamps. Or a slack adjuster being 1/32” out of adjustment.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Even though I understand that most of you are perfectly fine with having electronic tracking devices on your truck, there are many of us old-school patriotic red blooded American types that are still offended by the thought of government mandated electronic tracking. If you think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and want the government to track you even more, then by all means sit this one out. But we are not only protesting the ELD. We are asking for hours of service reform. Not so that we can work more hours, but so that we have more flexibility to make up for all the various delays that occur between shippers, receivers, weather delays, accidents, construction, dealing with mechanical problems, etc. We do not all face the same schedule challenges. Someone who runs long haul in a dry van has no idea the kind of schedule challenges a short haul step deck or a regional flatbedder face. Flexibility. No ELD mandate, and no more 90 day “veterans” of the industry becoming a trainer and running team with a student fresh out of CDL training. And consistent enforcement standards with an emphasis on actual safety... Go ahead and show me one accident that was ever blamed on not having the instruction sheet for an ELD device. I’ll wait. Go ahead and show me one accident that was ever blamed on not having the instructions sheet for ELD the device. Or one burned out marker lamp, in a row of marker lamps. Or a slack adjuster being 1/32” out of adjustment.
A LOT of people don't care- we have been having our Rights eviscerated since before the ink was dry on the constitution- incrementally- death of 1000 cuts- etc.

It's a sad day when y'all have to whine about not being able to break the law with impunity.

A LOT of people don't care- we have been having our Rights eviscerated since before the ink was dry on the constitution- incrementally- death of 1000 cuts- etc.
Most of the regulars on this forum would be perfectly happy living in the soviet union. They always defend Big Government. It gets quite sickening at times.

Most of the regulars on this forum would be perfectly happy living in the soviet union. They always defend Big Government. It gets quite sickening at times.
Actually, you're so very wrong it's pathetic. There's a difference between knuckling under to tyranny, and living in a Constitutional Republic. We live in a Constitutional Republic, and one of the enumerated powers of the federal government is regulation of interstate commerce.

Actually, you're so very wrong it's pathetic. There's a difference between knuckling under to tyranny, and living in a Constitutional Republic. We live in a Constitutional Republic, and one of the enumerated powers of the federal government is regulation of interstate commerce.

The original intent be damned, right? The "regulation" mentioned in our constitutional republic was to help ensure a level playing field so that one didn't have a legal advantage over another- hence elected representaives from the districts- intentional misrepresentation doesn't achieve that- the authority "granted" this federal government was to prevent tyrannical rule in every arena- with so many federal laws on the books they can't even be counted = tyranny.

The interstate commerce clause is not the universal cover-all license to do whatever the hell they want.

But it is nice to finally see a liberal correctly refer to our system of government as a republic instead of a simple democracy for once. 👍🏻

The original intent be damned, right? The "regulation" mentioned in our constitutional republic was to help ensure a level playing field so that one didn't have a legal advantage over another- hence elected representaives from the districts- intentional misrepresentation doesn't achieve that- the authority "granted" this federal government was to prevent tyrannical rule in every arena- with so many federal laws on the books they can't even be counted = tyranny.
There's a huge difference between "original intent" and bitching about adopting modern technology because it doesn't look like an ox-cart.

Folks, we’ve swerved completely off the road on this topic into an area of discussion that belongs in politics more than once. Let’s keep the discussion non-political.

What time is this protest? I’m going to be rolling through there in just over an hour.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread