Bennett Motor Express acquires Ace Doran

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
Bennett Motor Express announced this week it has completed the asset purchase of Cincinnati-based Ace Doran Hauling & Rigging Co., a family owned and operated transportation company that has served the shipping public since 1913. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

The acquisition is the largest in the history of Bennett Motor Express, which started with five trucks and two customers in 1974. Bennett Motor Express is the largest of the seven operating companies within Bennett International Group of McDonough, Ga.

full story

“We are excited to have joined a larger, financially strong company and be continuing our century of service,” said Doran. “I am proud of my family’s heritage and the efforts of all of our employees, past and present, who have made Ace Doran what it is today.”

You would think a 100 year old carrier would all ready be "financially strong".

Oh well kinda glad I didnt lease on with them now after all.
Maybe the pic I posted yesterday is a sign of things to come.
http://www.truckersforum.net/forum/threads/here-i-go-again.69156/page-65#post-387244

Yeah Ding said they were over 30 days out on paying their O/O. Wasn't a big shock to him when he saw this. Said the writing had been on the wall for a year.

“We are excited to have joined a larger, financially strong company and be continuing our century of service,” said Doran. “I am proud of my family’s heritage and the efforts of all of our employees, past and present, who have made Ace Doran what it is today.”

You would think a 100 year old carrier would all ready be "financially strong".

Oh well kinda glad I didnt lease on with them now after all.
Maybe the pic I posted yesterday is a sign of things to come.
http://www.truckersforum.net/forum/threads/here-i-go-again.69156/page-65#post-387244

I told you that you were doing fine right where you are.....

At one time Ace was one of the most respected carriers in the country. Daddy died and took the respect with him it would seem.

That has happened to so many carriers in the last couple of decades....The kids take over and bring the "college boy" mentality with them, and pretty soon the, "once highly respected company" is a bottom feeder.

At one time Ace was one of the most respected carriers in the country. Daddy died and took the respect with him it would seem.
Must have been a very long time ago. Ace wasn't much for as long as I've know about them (20yrs).

Most of what I have seen of them in the Cincy area is junk or ass and trash the terminal looks like sh*t

Most of what I have seen of them in the Cincy area is junk or ass and trash the terminal looks like sh*t
Yeah the trucks that run the steel mills are older but the ones I see out away from Cincy are newer late model O/O's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom