Baseball Legends

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
So I parked here in Rapid City, pulling my 34 I decided to see what kind of public T.V. I could tune into. And on SDPTV there is the amazing show about TED WILLIAMS. It’s amazing to see greats like this remembered. Makes me think about what legends have I seen in baseball in my life time. Ones that come to mind are Nolan Ryan, Don “Donnie baseball” Mattingly, Cal Ripken, Darrell Strawberry. It also makes me wonder when we will see legends like Babe Ruth or Ted Williams come thru baseball again.

Also curious why don’t see legendary players like this anymore really.

It's a bigger game now. There are some great pitchers now, and then there's that nobody cares if they strike out it is all about the launch angle and exit velocity.

It's a bigger game now. There are some great pitchers now, and then there's that nobody cares if they strike out it is all about the launch angle and exit velocity.
I know right. It’s not about the ones that can play and have that flair. It’s about the technical. You could have a player batting .500 today and nobody would notice, someone would be complaining about how his swing has too much of a dip, or that the bat was engineered to do x-y and the fact that the player could read a pitcher, see the ball, make contact with it and put it in a spot that allowed to get him on base wouldn’t mean anything.

Then it still wouldn’t mean anything unless he was hitting it out of the park every at bat.

So I parked here in Rapid City, pulling my 34 I decided to see what kind of public T.V. I could tune into. And on SDPTV there is the amazing show about TED WILLIAMS. It’s amazing to see greats like this remembered. Makes me think about what legends have I seen in baseball in my life time. Ones that come to mind are Nolan Ryan, Don “Donnie baseball” Mattingly, Cal Ripken, Darrell Strawberry. It also makes me wonder when we will see legends like Babe Ruth or Ted Williams come thru baseball again.

Also curious why don’t see legendary players like this anymore really.
i do not believe the players of years gone by, used PED's or other drugs. sure, many drank like a fish, and partied like 1999, but they were still "good ole boys" compared to todays wife beaters, drug users and alcoholic babies, that if they sit out a game, what do they care, thier contracts guarantee payment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread