‘Trucking it forward’ with your fellow driver

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
While trukkin down westbound 70 thru Kansas last night I noticed the truck ahead of me started to swerve badly. I keyed up the radio and asked him if he was ok. “NO! I THINK I’M HAVING A HEART ATTACK!!!” Bout gave me one too. He hit the shoulder and I followed suit. Got 911 on the phone while I got into his truck and helped him lay down on his bed. I saw a bottle of Bayer and gave him a couple, asking him questions trying to keep him talking.

Took medics and troopers roughly 15 minutes to arrive. By then he was doing better and the color had started to return to his face. I found his cellphone and called his wife and let her know what was going on. While medics loaded him up I talked with troopers about what had happened, then came time for them to deal with the guy’s truck. Should they impound it? One knew of a nearby ranch he could call to see if it could be parked there, but neither knew how to drive a semi. I offered to help, but only if one of them stayed back with my truck. So we got it moved, I got back to my truck and here I am totally exhausted but feeling more alive than I have in a long time. It’s one thing to witness the works of God first hand, quite another to be right smack in the middle of it.”

full story

OLD school yo!
Back in the day when you saw a driver grabbing gravel you would key up the mic and see if the driver was awight. Most times they where just reaching for something and swerved or they where tired so You just started shooting the breeze keeping each other awake.
That was before people started calling you **** off for that or mind your own bidness.

If it is fraking cold out and there is a driver on the shoulder broke down I will give a shout out to see if they are Ok. No one even comes back but, That is ok. I figure if they have no engine power at all, I could at least let them sit in my truck and stay warm until help arrives.

anyway bravo to this driver for saving a life and also looking after the other drivers truck in this day and age when drivers are so pitiful they can't look another driver in the eye and say G'mornin' or can't hold a conversation on the radio.
And most of all looking after this guys truck in this litigious world we now live in.
:thumbsup:

If it is fraking cold out and there is a driver on the shoulder broke down I will give a shout out to see if they are Ok. No one even comes back but, That is ok. I figure if they have no engine power at all, I could at least let them sit in my truck and stay warm until help arrives.
Nowadays we have electronic ankle bracelets tracking our movements & load planners look at speed limits along your route so they can plan your trips down to the last minute (while ignoring weather forecasts).

Nowadays we have electronic ankle bracelets tracking our movements & load planners look at speed limits along your route so they can plan your trips down to the last minute (while ignoring weather forecasts).
Yeh, we know how well that worked out for Julian.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread