Motor Carrier Signed Up With Amazon Relay This Week

Mike

Really don't have any high expectations for this, but maybe it will fill in some gaps. Got my approval yesterday after getting my insurance beefed up to their requirements (I had been contemplating adding General Liability anyway). Today I stopped to listen to their mandatory class on how the program works. Now, just waiting for them to activate the load board for me.

Pay schedule is decent, it's almost like being leased to a carrier. Whatever you complete one week, you are paid the following Friday basically.

No paperwork transmission. You do arrivals and departures on their app, and you are done. They don't require a BOL or Invoice to be sent, not even a picture of it. Not sure why everyone hasn't gotten to this point by now.

Basically, just found another basket to put an egg in.

Really don't have any high expectations for this, but maybe it will fill in some gaps. Got my approval yesterday after getting my insurance beefed up to their requirements (I had been contemplating adding General Liability anyway). Today I stopped to listen to their mandatory class on how the program works. Now, just waiting for them to activate the load board for me.

Pay schedule is decent, it's almost like being leased to a carrier. Whatever you complete one week, you are paid the following Friday basically.

No paperwork transmission. You do arrivals and departures on their app, and you are done. They don't require a BOL or Invoice to be sent, not even a picture of it. Not sure why everyone hasn't gotten to this point by now.

Because, there are some shippers receivers who will fight they they didn’t receive their product even though you can show gps pings of the truck being there and a BOL with a signature but it may not be read able. So carriers want the paper to cover their asses.

Because, there are some shippers receivers who will fight they they didn’t receive their product even though you can show gps pings of the truck being there and a BOL with a signature but it may not be read able. So carriers want the paper to cover their asses.
Or if there is damage, missing parts, wrong product, wrong count etc they can write it down on the BOL to sign for what they’re actually receiving

good luck with that.

you could actually now become a millionairy.....

Good luck @Mike - hope it works out for you.

I'm sure it will get to paperless eventually. Amazon shipments are essentially dock - to - dock transfers of their stuff, at least, that's how they view it. They can do pretty much anything they like, since recourse for them is an internal bookkeeping adjustment.

When two or more separate companies are involved, if there's a problem with the shipment that can't be easily worked out, it's going to involve the courts and attorneys. While the courts accept electronic records, it's still a paperwork driven system.

Good luck @Mike - hope it works out for you.

I'm sure it will get to paperless eventually. Amazon shipments are essentially dock - to - dock transfers of their stuff, at least, that's how they view it. They can do pretty much anything they like, since recourse for them is an internal bookkeeping adjustment.

When two or more separate companies are involved, if there's a problem with the shipment that can't be easily worked out, it's going to involve the courts and attorneys. While the courts accept electronic records, it's still a paperwork driven system.
Mode Transportation is another one that doesn’t require submitting a BOL. Still have to submit an invoice, though, so I send the BOL anyway.

We've been paperless on new cars for a while now. At least at delivery. The dealers tend to print out the pre-delivery notifications and if they need to note damage on a night drop, they have to print the DR, but I don't have to mess with anything on my end.

It's actually kind of nice, any damage I note at pickup has pics attached , which makes life way easier for claims handling. And new damages (thankfully rare for good carhaulers like me!:p) we shoot a pic of as well.

I`ve been set up with the Relay system for a while now. The only loads I do are dc to dc, usually, power only or round trips. Charlotte has some nightly transfers. Pick up an empty at a DC and drop it in another lot 5 miles away. Usually, 10 or 12 hours or so,700 or 800 minimum. Lucky to do 5 or 6 trailers in the shuttle runs for them.

Finally got the setup completed today.

For as techy as they people are, they required you to type your DOT number in a chat box where the mandatory class was as proof you attended. They were supposed to add your access to the load board within 24 hours, ended up taking 4 days ( just got access today).

Also, I did not submit trailer interchange insurance with is required for pulling their trailers, but they gave me access to their trailers anyway. Of course, I would get the interchange insurance if I was to start pulling their trailers, but I was surprised at how they just glossed right over that.

Word of caution for anybody considering doing this with your own trailer. Some loads are live load (trailer required) and a drop at the end. That drop could be 2 hours, 4 hours, one day, or multiple days. There is no pay for this as far as I am aware of, so choose loads carefully if you are using your own trailer.

In my initial browsing of the load board, some of the rates are decent, some are dirt cheap. Plenty overnight stuff if you are into those types of loads.

No idea what the commodity or weight is before you book a load, at least from what I can tell.

Most of the stuff goes to a DC, but not all of it. And I am sure if you have been paying attention, Amazon is rumored to be getting into this market for freight outside of of their own freight.

I am seeing quite of bit of stuff bouncing between Phoenix and Vegas, which I like. Going to Phoenix can pay me well at times, but it becomes very sketchy once there due to not being able to go into California. (and they have lots of stuff in California, and in and out of the surrounding states).

Forgot to add, quite a bit of Texas freight as well, rates pretty much in line with what you can get on a load board fighting with brokers.

I do Amazon Loads out of the Detroit Area and it is cheap. Cant survive on what they pay weather its there trailer or your own.

I do Amazon Loads out of the Detroit Area and it is cheap. Cant survive on what they pay weather its there trailer or your own.

Definitely lots of cheap stuff on their board, but a few decent options. Very few.

Load searching is a pain. You either search from where you are domiciled out of, or you have to search nationwide.

Do you need both workers compisation and employers liability or just one or none

They have different options as far as loads are concerned. They do have some team driver loads and they have what is called blocks. I have Amazon relay and I do it when my trailer is either down or when i get burned out messing with brokers. I usually try to finish where i started. Only problems I've had is them cancelling a load I was suppose to pick up and having to deadhead to another location to pick up a trailer. But they pay for it so im not complaining. Really good if you stay above 90% on time for 1 day payments.

The pier rats all flocked over to bezo's bull. If that tells you anything. Nothing but horror stories I've been told.

The pier rats all flocked over to bezo's bull. If that tells you anything. Nothing but horror stories I've been told.
never pulled an Amazon load. I took the time to do their online orientation, got all set up, but there rates never climbed above the point of mediocre. It's probably been a year since I have even looked at their load board at this point.

I have replied to a couple messages to recover loads for them, but even in desperation, their offers still sucked.

At this point, Amazon couldn't pay me enough to haul their freight, but I won't get into that in this thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread