Your Social Security card

GAnthony

Go away
Premium
mods, move this to where ever you need to, if this isn't the right board.

many of you might already know this, but if you don't, i will say, that we cannot have our social security card laminated. apparently, there are security features printed on the card. my state requires us to show our SS card either at renewal time, or first time license application. why....?? i don't know. the local chapter of the ACLU is fighting this.

what state i live in, don't matter. i had my SS card laminated when i was in my teen's. here i am now 50 something, and i had to go and apply for a duplicate card today. spent over 1 hour at the SS office.

my state claims that they want to see the SS card for " anti-terrorism" or illegal-alien" or "proof of a valid SS card"...............

all these years, and NOW my state wants this.....??

later this year, i have to renew my license, which means the finger printing, background check, the hazmat test.

i would have been very unhappy if i couldn't get my renewal because my SS card is laminated, and i needed another one...........

check with what you have now, and your state requirements. you don't want to get caught having to wait a long time in line, for a new card, actually, a duplicate card.............you might NOT be able to get your license renewed, till you show them the new card.............

here is a link to google with various DMV's

DMV and your social security card - Google Search

I was told this back when I got my social security card, and now that I have had it over 20 years, it looks like total crap. Why such an important card comes in the form of flimsy paper, I simply don't understand.

I was told this back when I got my social security card, and now that I have had it over 20 years, it looks like total crap. Why such an important card comes in the form of flimsy paper, I simply don't understand.

if it looks like total crap, you might think about getting a new one. my bro-in-law's SS card is so faded out, that his signature is not seen. the numbers alone may not be enough for ID when applying for a job, as the signature finishes it off.

it's like going to the DMV to get a state issued license. they want a birth certificate on top of everything else. "uh hello, i have a license, matter of fact a cdl from another state and it has hazmat on it too. and here's my s.s. card also. i am me. now give me a friggin license". yes i am dealing with this crock of shiote right now. and it has to be payed by a money order.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread