Your most Embarrassing Moment...

Jaysus! 6-2 238??!!

I gotta stop poking fun at people bigger than me......:scared:

Come to Big Daddy...Daddy has a Present for you...:bigpaddle:

Noooo...just wanted to Introduce you to my Friend...sez' very little but guarantees to leave a lasting "Impression" on you...

Come to Big Daddy...Daddy has a Present for you...:bigpaddle:

This reminds me of an old Robby Burns story. No, not that Robby Burns, the other one.

You know St Patrick chased all the snakes out of Ireland right???? Well, as a wise man once said, here's the rest of the story. The snakes, being snakes and all, swam to the closest point of land..... Scotland. As they came ashore they came under the notice of good ol St Andrew. Being a wise and canny man as he was..... and the Patron Saint of things like golf.... he picked up his bagpipes and blew a High C over a High A (only works with bagpipes). This immediately petrified all the snakes so that they resembled sticks. Now here's where the canny part comes in. Being a thrrrrrrrifty Scot ol Andrew immediately recognized a good business deal. He opened him up a Pro Shop and sold all the "clubs" and the game back to the Irish.... which resulted in the famous Irish drinking problem. :D

Betcha they didn't teach you that in History class. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you Injun...hadn't a clue what Keendriver was getting at...dunno' what weight you think I ought to be but at my Height and Build my Doc is happy with it...and so am I...doesn't interfere with my walking or Cycling and I'm still fully active in the Garden and my other Physical Pastimes...a bit slower than I'd like but still able to get everything done...could have said I was 14st...nothing to be gained by telling "Porkie' Pies" {Lies}...
Your height/weight ratio looks about right to me.

I'm runnin' 11st. A little heavy for my taste.

This reminds me of an old Robby Burns story. No, not that Robby Burns, the other one.

You know St Patrick chased all the snakes out of Ireland right???? Well, as a wise man once said, here's the rest of the story. The snakes, being snakes and all, swam to the closest point of land..... Scotland. As they came ashore they came under the notice of good ol St Andrew. Being a wise and canny man as he was..... and the Patron Saint of things like golf.... he picked up his bagpipes and blew a High C over a High A (only works with bagpipes). This immediately petrified all the snakes so that they resembled sticks. Now here's where the canny part comes in. Being a thrrrrrrrifty Scot ol Andrew immediately recognized a good business deal. He opened him up a Pro Shop and sold all the "clubs" and the game back to the Irish.... which resulted in the famous Irish drinking problem. :D

Bagpipes are no Scottish. They where a gift to Scotland from India. Here please take these things, We cant take the noise anymore.

But now on Robby Burns day we must eat crappy food like sheeps guts, Haggis
They don't teach that in History.

Biggest farce ever.

I hate to be the buzzkill here but St. Patrick wasn't even from Ireland he was a Christian missionary from someplace else ( I wanna say Spain but not sure) and he was sent to Ireland to expand the Christian empire and the "snakes" he chased out were in fact natives of Ireland and were the Druids and Pagans. There were lots of battles because these people were perfectly happy getting hammered and dancing naked around fires and fearing the change of season (and in Ireland...compared to where I live now was minimal)...so yeah. St. Patricks Day is a bunch of crap.

Unless @Geranimojess can prove me wrong with actual Irish history, I stand by that.

The victors write the history. In this case...the Christians.

im-just-sayin-main-logo.gif

Bagpipes are no Scottish. They where a gift to Scotland from India. Here please take these things, We cant take the noise anymore.

But now on Robby Burns day we must eat crappy food like sheeps guts, Haggis
They don't teach that in History.

*Sigh*..... you Toronto guys.....:foreheadslap:

The relationship with India and Scots bagpipes is like comparing yer neighbor kid's ukulele to Jimmy Hendricks.

And, I'm sorry but..... Ontario couldn't make a good haggis to save their lives. Get yerself down to "The Cape" next time there's a Gathering of the Clans. You owe it to yourself.

Biggest farce ever.

I hate to be the buzzkill here but St. Patrick wasn't even from Ireland he was a Christian missionary from someplace else ( I wanna say Spain but not sure) and he was sent to Ireland to expand the Christian empire and the "snakes" he chased out were in fact natives of Ireland and were the Druids and Pagans. There were lots of battles because these people were perfectly happy getting hammered and dancing naked around fires and fearing the change of season (and in Ireland...compared to where I live now was minimal)...so yeah. St. Patricks Day is a bunch of crap.

Unless @Geranimojess can prove me wrong with actual Irish history, I stand by that.

The victors write the history. In this case...the Christians.

View attachment 29090

So why's there no snakes in Ireland atall, atall??????

I'll let you Historians fight it out between yourselves:soapbox:...never could find 2 that ever agreed on anything and I never get involved in a Subject I don't know or really care about...:dunno:

Seriously?

45 years later I still cringe and you want me to re-live that emotion .... again? .... here? ....

Pass.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread