Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

I like the places that ask for you keys. Sweet! I didn't know there was going to be a key party, hope I don't get the fat chick fingers crossed.:thumbsup::cool:;)
Like every driver doesn't have a spare set of keys.:bonk:
Haven't had that but I'll be god damned if I'm not gonna have some AC or maybe heat up some food while I get the "privilege" of sitting at some random shit hole for an untold amount of hours. But like I said that's rare and I'm glad for it.

It's all mouth breather bullshit and we all know what sort of shenanigans cause that. I've found myself at a couple DCs where they feel you can't even be trusted to stay hooked to your wagon. I'm just glad I don't deal with those sort of places and the calibre of companies and drivers they attract day in day out.
True enough sometimes it is driver jackassery when a driver pulls out of the dock.
Sometimes like at my place it is forklift drivers that think they can drive at 100 onto the trailer in the winter.
Hello dumb**** forklift driver, The tires are cold and don't offer much traction/resistance. Also the tires are sitting on ice :bonk: The trailer is going to slide!

It's all mouth breather bullshit and we all know what sort of shenanigans cause that. I've found myself at a couple DCs where they feel you can't even be trusted to stay hooked to your wagon.

Some of the guys they put in seats these days are too stupid to be window lickers.

So, yeah. Gotta unhook and pull forward. Not only that, but be told explicitly, "don't move your truck until you get your paperwork back." And they still have to confiscate the keys, because they're too effin' stupid for even that.

I'm just glad I don't deal with those sort of places and the calibre of companies and drivers they attract day in day out.

Be happy for small favors from the truckin' gods.

:thumbsup:

Today I saw a Hearse With a plexiglass divider between the driver and.....lets say,....Passenger in the back in a coffin.
My yet more random thought is.........Why? :confused-96:
At this point, it's simply traditional...supposedly offering a level of comfort to a funeral home employee who clearly doesn't need it. In the past it was more functional...embalming efforts were very "inconsistent" back in the day.

Hertz car rental is selling off thier fleet, at below blue book value.
Hertz ( and the rest of the rental companies as well,) only own a minuscule percentage of the cars in their fleets. The only Vehicles they own, have either sustained more damage than they are allowed to have on a turn back, or they went out on a longer rental and exceeded mileage limits. Within the rental industry, those are known as at risk units.

That said, all of the rental companies are currently send selling units directly to dealers dealers.

Hertz ( and the rest of the rental companies as well,) only own a minuscule percentage of the cars in their fleets. The only Vehicles they own, have either sustained more damage than they are allowed to have on a turn back, or they went out on a longer rental and exceeded mileage limits. Within the rental industry, those are known as at risk units.

That said, all of the rental companies are currently send selling units directly to dealers dealers.
Do they lease them from a dealership or direct from the manufacture?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread