Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

Since I have inserted myself into this topic, I want to do it again.
Sometimes I will be with some Canadian friends drinking beer and shooting the shit and the latest mass shooting will come up.

Right away they will say, no one needs an assault rifle or semi-auto or fully-auto weapon for sport shooting or hunting or self defence.
I will right away say no, no one needs those kinds of weapons for any of those reasons you listed.
The purpose of the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting or sport shooting and maybe self defence.. It has to do with a duty to fight any tyrannical government.

They have many answers prepared to counter almost any argument I could form. Except for the argument that I actually pose to them. I gets real quiet after that. :D

I used to get headaches trying to explain that Obama-care was NOT universal health care and why many Americans were opposed to Obama-care.

Since I have inserted myself into this topic, I want to do it again.
Sometimes I will be with some Canadian friends drinking beer and shooting the **** and the latest mass shooting will come up.

Right away they will say, no one needs an assault rifle or semi-auto or fully-auto weapon for sport shooting or hunting or self defence.
I will right away say no, no one needs those kinds of weapons for any of those reasons you listed.
The purpose of the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting or sport shooting and maybe self defence.. It has to do with a duty to fight any tyrannical government.

They have many answers prepared to counter almost any argument I could form. Except for the argument that I actually pose to them. I gets real quiet after that. :D

I used to get headaches trying to explain that Obama-care was NOT universal health care and why many Americans were opposed to Obama-care.
The first phrase of the Second Amendment spells out why we have it. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State..."
The purpose of private ownership of firearms is to preserve the freedoms they fought for. "well regulated militia..." We've already established the fact that the Militia is made up of the body of the People: the general population, individuals who choose to own (keep) and carry (bear) arms. Now, to address "well regulated," to regulate something is to make it regular...to make it the same. Since the Militia is made up of the People themselves, it is up to us as individuals to decide which, if any, firearms we want to have. With the extreme popularity of the AR-15 style rifle chambered for 5.56 NATO, I would say we have accomplished the "well regulated" part. So a huge number of individuals choose to have rifles that are pretty much the same. We have a "well regulated militia" right now. This is what the radical Left is trying to take away from us.

It is specifically written that we are the militia that protects the Free State from tyranny. Until that can be stripped from us, we will largely remain a Free State. And that is why those who support State control of everything want us to give up the rifles owned by so many people.

The first phrase of the Second Amendment spells out why we have it. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State..."
The purpose of private ownership of firearms is to preserve the freedoms they fought for. "well regulated militia..." We've already established the fact that the Militia is made up of the body of the People: the general population, individuals who choose to own (keep) and carry (bear) arms. Now, to address "well regulated," to regulate something is to make it regular...to make it the same. Since the Militia is made up of the People themselves, it is up to us as individuals to decide which, if any, firearms we want to have. With the extreme popularity of the AR-15 style rifle chambered for 5.56 NATO, I would say we have accomplished the "well regulated" part. So a huge number of individuals choose to have rifles that are pretty much the same. We have a "well regulated militia" right now. This is what the radical Left is trying to take away from us.

It is specifically written that we are the militia that protects the Free State from tyranny. Until that can be stripped from us, we will largely remain a Free State. And that is why those who support State control of everything want us to give up the rifles owned by so many people.
Well stated! 👍

So I grabbed the old diesel battery off the charger and put it in the Navigator to get it on my trailer for scrap.

Damn thing fired right up, only fluttered until the oil flowed through, and has been smooth ever since.

I'm putting the dang thing back on the road. Other than a brake line rusting out on me while it sat, it's good to roll. I've got a flare kit and some leftover line from when I did my S-10.

:dunno:

So I grabbed the old diesel battery off the charger and put it in the Navigator to get it on my trailer for scrap.

Damn thing fired right up, only fluttered until the oil flowed through, and has been smooth ever since.

I'm putting the dang thing back on the road. Other than a brake line rusting out on me while it sat, it's good to roll. I've got a flare kit and some leftover line from when I did my S-10.

:dunno:
I bet you spend $1000 a year on license plate stickers and probably ten times that on insurance. 🙄

If I can hang on till the end of December without choking some desk jockey this will be the first year since 2007 I've gotten all the way through with only one T4.....or W2 as they call them in the states.

There's always been at least one construction layoff or case of the shit getting too deep to wade.

My tags are $52/year for each and ins. $750/year for full coverage on three passenger vehicles and one motorcycle.

PA is outrageous!
Yeah but you're like a really old female living in the middle of nowhere so you get it cheaper.

:hide:

Okay but seriously the reason the Ram and F250 are so high is they're Class 5 and 3, respectively. I can downrate them but then I couldn't legally do what they're factory rated for.

I didn't have the Ram when I tagged the F250 though so I'll probably downrate it next time around. I'm not gonna use it to tow 10k when I've got that big new comfortable thing that can do 30.

Yeah but you're like a really old female living in the middle of nowhere so you get it cheaper.

:hide:

Okay but seriously the reason the Ram and F250 are so high is they're Class 5 and 3, respectively. I can downrate them but then I couldn't legally do what they're factory rated for.

I didn't have the Ram when I tagged the F250 though so I'll probably downrate it next time around. I'm not gonna use it to tow 10k when I've got that big new comfortable thing that can do 30.
My insurance went up a little bit moving from Kootenai County to Benewah County. It irritated me because less crap happens here than in town. I forget what their excuse was.

My insurance went up a little bit moving from Kootenai County to Benewah County. It irritated me because less crap happens here than in town. I forget what their excuse was.
I live in the I-81 corridor where idiots are abundant so my rates are completely understandable. In fact they're kind of low for the area because of long term customer loyalty (20 years now), a clean record, and multiple vehicle discounts.

The old diesel is only costing me about $10/month in liability.

More miles driven every year if you're in Timbuktu and it's a 30 mile round trip every time you need groceries or a box of drywall screws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread