Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

It's vinyl. No harm no foul. A new record!

New tune box installed. Need to finesse it more. Sounds awesome. Bluetooth and shizz.

View attachment 50217
I take it it's one of those "retro" units designed to look like the old junk when factory stereos sounded like a cell phone speaker inside a tin can, but have modern tech.

I thought about getting a retro-1977 lookalike for Blueford just so it won't get stolen. But it was like $400 and I already have two of them on a shelf in the shop that I could put in it.

I take it it's one of those "retro" units designed to look like the old junk when factory stereos sounded like a cell phone speaker inside a tin can, but have modern tech.

I thought about getting a retro-1977 lookalike for Blueford just so it won't get stolen. But it was like $400 and I already have two of them on a shelf in the shop that I could put in it.
Ya for me the idea was to look like nothing special. And look like it belongs in there from the factory as best as I could.

I really can't stand those robotic flashy lights aftermarket radios. Especially in an older vehicle that obviously never had it.

Ya for me the idea was to look like nothing special. And look like it belongs in there from the factory as best as I could.

I really can't stand those robotic flashy lights aftermarket radios. Especially in an older vehicle that obviously never had it.
Yeah the one in my Buick pisses me off because it's super bright and it constantly changes colors to impress dumb teenagers.

Looks like a good installation you did though.

Yeah the one in my Buick pisses me off because it's super bright and it constantly changes colors to impress dumb teenagers.

Looks like a good installation you did though.
yeah I agree. My install is okay. But there's too much space between the bezel and the radio panels.

I pretty much just have to tweak the nuts that are on the dial shafts.

If you want attention, get yourself an old truck. Don't bother with new payments.

I get more compliments, waves, and smiles...even from hotties...in this faded mismatched and puddied 1986 F250 than I ever got in the 2016 Jeep, 2017 Fusion, and 2015 F150 combined.

Yesterday a hot babe in a newer Escalade smiled and waved at me in a "I wonder what our kids would look like" kind of way. I've had two offers to buy it as it sits, a little old lady at Aldi smiled and said "wow that thing purrs like a kitten!" and when leaving I got a big wave from a gorgeous middle age woman.

And I've only had it a week and a half.

I get more compliments, waves, and smiles...even from hotties...in this faded mismatched and puddied 1986 F250 than I ever got in the 2016 Jeep, 2017 Fusion, and 2015 F150 combined.

Yesterday a hot babe in a newer Escalade smiled and waved at me in a "I wonder what our kids would look like" kind of way

kids would look like this..??

If you want attention, get yourself an old truck. Don't bother with new payments.

Yesterday a hot babe in a newer Escalade smiled and waved at me in a "I wonder what our kids would look like" kind of way. I've had two offers to buy it as it sits, a little old lady at Aldi smiled and said "wow that thing purrs like a kitten!" and when leaving I got a big wave from a gorgeous middle age woman.

They're trying to stifle their laughter, and be polite about it...

:toothpick:

First off you got a country boy truck, the other vehicles are city boy vehicles. Ladies love country boys. Just sayin😏

I need to get a dog and an acoustic guitar to finish off the look.
The dog would probably be a good addition. Get like a yellow lab or something like that. A smart dog that’s bigger if your dog is too small it will have the opposite effect. Stay away from the guitar unless you actually know how to play. Other than that work boots and jeans, whatever shirt you like.

The dog would probably be a good addition. Get like a yellow lab or something like that. A smart dog that’s bigger if your dog is too small it will have the opposite effect. Stay away from the guitar unless you actually know how to play. Other than that work boots and jeans, whatever shirt you like.
I only need the look. The truck is already just a prop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread