yet, another school shooting

i think the FBI would be out of agents, for all the daily tips they get on just about anyone.

Agree. There is no way the FBI can keep up. I “heard” earlier they would need to add at least 2 million agents to try to keep up with all the tips.

Yeh, a YouTube user called Nikolas Cruz posted a video saying he wanted to be a professional school shooter. The FBI could not figure out who posted it.

They're not looking very good right now.

There were to reports about him.

He had commented on a YouTube video about wanting to be a "professional school shooter" and then a family member also reported him to the FBI about the same time unrelated to the YouTube video account holder.

Yeh, a YouTube user called Nikolas Cruz posted a video saying he wanted to be a professional school shooter. The FBI could not figure out who posted it.

They're not looking very good right now.
They're not omnipotent. You 'spose they might have more resources dedicated to ISIS-related threats than demented school children?

there is also the fact that school officials are not able to disipline children as they once were, when I was in school the teachers and principle maintained discipline and the kids KNEW it.

a healthy fear of what would happen kept all of us in line today all the kids fear for being unruly is a few minutes of time out or at most being suspended for a few days and if the kids want a few days off they know to just act up!

now if they knew that they would be subject to an ass beaten and perhaps some all day in school detention you can bet they would rethink their behavior.

I blame my generation, the previous generation knew how to enforce discipline and we were shown how to show respect and then the hippie generation of the sixties and seventies took over and rejected what their parents were taught, now they are in charge make it a crime to punish a child.

here is a great example I bought a moped for my stepdaughter for a birthday present, one day I had to go searching for and found her someplace, doing something that she knew not to do. I loaded up the moped in the truck and started to take her home, I also told her that she was grounded for a month from the moped she got mouthy and said I couldn't do that since the moped was hers, I drove to a buddies farm backed up to a pond and heaved the moped in once we got home I stood her in a corner behind a door telling her I didn't even want to look at her for a while, two hours later she calmed down and I let her go to her room.

now you would think that would be the end of it but NOOOO, she told her teacher about it the next day and that night we have a visit from children's service and the following day was in court, my crime? I put her in a corner for two hours this 22 yo social worker was afraid I might shove her head into a wall in the end I ended up paying several thousand dollars in attorneys fees hundreds in family counseling , had to rent a motel room for three weeks until the counselor report made it to the judge his report stated that I did what needed to be done in the situation.

so you tell me just who ended up punished!!
I'm with you on this. Punished my daughter who was 12 at the time. Took away her computer and grounded her for two weeks. When she went to school the next day told her teacher. That day got a visit from CPS and we were told that she claimed my wife and I were shooting drugs and abusing her and our son. Lucky for us the CPS person wasn't buying into her story after visiting with us at our house for a couple hours. What it did cost us was a trip to do a drug test and a visit to the court house to clear this up. Life was complete BS for a bit because some damn teacher and of course my daughter. It took a while to repair that. That was the last problem we had with our daughter she was a little angel after that lol

I'm with you on this. Punished my daughter who was 12 at the time. Took away her computer and grounded her for two weeks. When she went to school the next day told her teacher. That day got a visit from CPS and we were told that she claimed my wife and I were shooting drugs and abusing her and our son. Lucky for us the CPS person wasn't buying into her story after visiting with us at our house for a couple hours. What it did cost us was a trip to do a drug test and a visit to the court house to clear this up. Life was complete BS for a bit because some damn teacher and of course my daughter. It took a while to repair that. That was the last problem we had with our daughter she was a little angel after that lol
ya know, thank god i got adult ("kids") over what some of you are going thru with this crap now.

back in my day, a good face swatting settled anything i had to get across.

a good back hand never killed anyone, and straightened out all behavior problems.

these days of parents being too scared to admonish thier kids, will never end, unless one lives on a farm, and has plenty of "planting room"

what is interesting is both of my daughters now have kids of their own and now realize what parenting is all about I can say that they are so far they are doing a great job with their kids

They're not omnipotent. You 'spose they might have more resources dedicated to ISIS-related threats than demented school children?
He put his own ****ing name and face on it. How the hell could they NOT figure that one out?

Far as I'm concerned, as many reports and as obvious this guy was about this, there are 17 deaths right on the doorstep of the FBI. They own this one.

He put his own ****ing name and face on it. How the hell could they NOT figure that one out?

Far as I'm concerned, as many reports and as obvious this guy was about this, there are 17 deaths right on the doorstep of the FBI. They own this one.
Agreed... there was a **** up, and they need to improve the process they use to process tips please this.

That doesn't relieve the point that if this kid hadn't got his hands on an AR15, the toll in this tragedy would certainly have been lessened.

Very sad. They were talking about this shooting on local radio this morning. One guy mentioned something Marilyn Manson said in an interview a while back, maybe around the time of Columbine. They asked what he would have said to the shooters at Columbine (before the shooting) to which Manson replied “I wouldn’t have said anything to them. I would have listened to what they were saying to me.” Something along those lines anyway. I’m not a MM fan by any stretch but that makes a lot of sense.

If you stop and think about it very few people listen to what others are saying. I notice it a lot in the work place. I’ve learned to tell if someone is really listening to me, most times people aren’t listening. They might hear you but they’re wrapped up in their own world. Not that I don’t fall into into that catagory myself, I catch myself not really listening a good bit.

It sounds like this guy had some rough waters to navigate through with his mom and Dad dying. I’m not excusing his actions but I wonder how many people tried to listen to him.
People don't listen, they merely wait for their time to reply.

I'm guilty of it more than I care to admit. Even to the point of interrupting people because I feel like I'm more important than they are. And I seriously need to work on that.

That doesn't relieve the point that if this kid hadn't got his hands on an AR15, the toll in this tragedy would certainly have been lessened.
I am not going to address this point here. The Politics section is where this will be addressed.

here is a great example I bought a moped for my stepdaughter for a birthday present, one day I had to go searching for and found her someplace, doing something that she knew not to do. I loaded up the moped in the truck and started to take her home, I also told her that she was grounded for a month from the moped she got mouthy and said I couldn't do that since the moped was hers, I drove to a buddies farm backed up to a pond and heaved the moped in once we got home I stood her in a corner behind a door telling her I didn't even want to look at her for a while, two hours later she calmed down and I let her go to her room.

so you tell me just who ended up punished!!

YOUR A MONSTER!!!!

our county schools has a resource(ha) officer at every school except the 4 elementarys

they have put into place a "volunteer,not paid" armed officer at those schools.
the "officer" is a past military or police that passes the training and back ground checks
I am not too sure if this is a good thing or bad thing yet

In Toronto they put resource officers in schools after a young minority was shot and killed in the school. After minority activists called for police protection

Ten years later the resource officers were removed from the schools after minority activists demanded they be removed because minority students felt intimidated by the presence of police officers in the schools.
:dunno:

In Toronto they put resource officers in schools after a young minority was shot and killed in the school. After minority activists called for police protection

Ten years later the resource officers were removed from the schools after minority activists demanded they be removed because minority students felt intimidated by the presence of police officers in the schools.
:dunno:
OK what kind of person is afraid of people whose job is to prevent homicide?

This is an easy one....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread