WTH is this POS

krelithous

Premium
what in the hell is this thing:confused:

airflow-bullettruck-images-airflow-truck-company_100451655_l.jpg

who makes it and nor would i want to own it it it's butt ugly
I don't think it's a corporate job. Looks more like a research project using a standard tractor.

Hell I just zoomed in. It says "experimental" on the door.

The folks who work on these projects seem to forget that it's not 100% straight line on a smooth, flat highway. They don't seem to take into account bad roads and/or the actual delivery.

I'm sure it does a great job cutting through the air, but that's a LOT of overhang beyond the front axle for even an experienced driver to take into consideration every time he has to swing. Even those long nose 379s at least put the wheels as close to the front as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I applaude the effort. It's the small guy engineering and testing the theory. Corporations throw millions - he believes and I wish I had his MPG'S.

what in the hell is this thing:confused:

airflow-bullettruck-images-airflow-truck-company_100451655_l-jpg.38843
Screenshot_2017-02-18-04-43-34~2.png

Pretty dumb design to have survived over 30 years and counting.
Yeah, while it had a much larger interior,and lots of aero tricks, the T2000 wasn't substantially better than the T600, as far as overall drag. It's easier to push the air to the side rather than over the top, and that narrow nose on the anteaters did a good job of it! Same reason the Centurys did good on fuel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread