Withdraw HOS Proposal, ATA Official Tells FMCSA

Road Dust

Takes a little sunshine
How do you feel about this issue?
WASHINGTON — The American Trucking Associations' Senior Vice President Dave Osiecki Thursday said in a public hearing on the proposed Hours of Service rulemaking that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration should put facts and data before politics and encouraged the agency to withdraw its proposed rule.
TheTrucker.com - America's Trucking Newspaper

I normally don't agree with the American Trucking Association. In this instance they are really fighting with the Teamsters who funded the lawsuit that is causing this action. The Teamsters are even more evil than the ATA. This time, I side with the ATA. Leave the HOS alone. It's a workable program, and, if it ain't broke there is no need to fix it.

Come on now, if government doesn't keep reinventing the rules, those poor bastards will have to to work for a living!

I suggest they all sign on with Swift and Werner.

I suggest they be electronically monitored to see how much work they actually do each day :)

AND be forced to document their actions (on paper) to support the findings of their electronic monitors... AND pay a 5% of their income penalty for each instance of falsifying their documentation!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread