Will you deliver to a city that defunds police?

Will you deliver to cities that defund police departments?

• Yes

• no

• Rather not, but company may force me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike

Staff member
Not much to add to that question. Will you or won't you?

This is not a political question, more of a safety and public stance type question. Just curious to see where the membership is on this.

Poll is private, so your name will not be exposed in any way.

If you do feel the need to get into politics about this, we would welcome in our political group.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Parkland shooting
Castlerock vs Gonzales
Warren vs dc

pretty much been decided long ago we are responsible for our own security.

If shit just goes all chaos (CHAZ), who’s to say what’s gonna happen.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
hard for me to answer, as all my deliveries are done at night, to our stores/warehouses. most are off the beaten path, even my 2 stops in Boston. my other 3 are like in the boonies.

Rigjockey

The Grand Poobah!
Supporter
The poll may be private but, I am going to put it right here on front street.
I don't think I would be safe would be my argument for refusal and I wouldn't feel safe.
The other part of that would be **** you, starve!

Mike

Staff member
I don't think I would be safe would be my argument for refusal and I wouldn't feel safe.
Yep, I’m putting it out there as well. I will avoid those areas, just like I am avoiding areas where things are getting out of hand lately.

Shreck

Supporter
Yep, I’m putting it out there as well. I will avoid those areas, just like I am avoiding areas where things are getting out of hand lately.
Walmart tells us if we go in somewhere and feel unsafe to just get out of there and call them.It will be interesting to see what happens if we just refuse to go there in the first place.

Shreck

Supporter
Yes, because by the time you feel unsafe in these situations, it’s likely too late.
There is only one store in the Pittsburgh area that concerns me but it gave me the heeby jeebies before this all started.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
you just a big ol'meenie.....

Sinister

Trailer Park Wisdom. Free.
Staff member
Supporter
Police presence makes zero difference.

If something is going to happen, its going to happen.

As it currently stands, l thats going to happen is the police will show up after the fact, take pictures, fill out papers, make a few jokes, and be on their way.

The idea that a cop might be two miles away has never stopped any crime.

Duck

Quack
Supporter

As it currently stands, l thats going to happen is the police will show up after the fact, take pictures, fill out papers, make a few jokes, and be on their way.

If you think it's bad now, wait until there are no police at all, and criminals have impunity.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
If you think it's bad now, wait until there are no police at all, and criminals have impunity.
my late dad used to say, "someday, we are going to go back to the old west days, and everyone has a gun by thier side"

that day IS coming.

it'll be a situation of, "kill or be killed"

Mike

Staff member

I disagree there.
Because, knowing there is no police presence takes all pressure off of those that want to go out and commit crimes.

It doesn’t stop all crime, but it does reduce the number of those who will be brave enough to attempt it.

krelithous

Supporter
everyone's screaming to defund the police. then you hear police need more training. guess what training costs money.. makes no sense to me. other than the criminals got what they want:mad:

krelithous

Supporter
I disagree there.
Because, knowing there is no police presence takes all pressure off of those that want to go out and commit crimes.

It doesn’t stop all crime, but it does reduce the number of those who will be brave enough to attempt it.
don't be surprized once response times slow down to

Rigjockey

The Grand Poobah!
Supporter
As far as I can tell here, The police are afraid to tear down barricades or stop protesters from blocking the roads. There is no ****ing laws as far as I can tell.
No laws, no need for a police force. Welcome to Somalia!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)