Will Smith apologizes to Chris rock.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
I am trying not to cast the first stone here because I am just as guilty as Will Smith for losing my cool from time to time. With that said, no one should put hands on another person.
Some times our actions have far reaching effects.

Here is the link to the full Apology. Will Smith posts apology to Chris Rock months after Oscars slap

Here is some excerpts of what Will Smith said..
“I have reached out to Chris and the message that came back is that he is not ready to talk and when he is he will reach out.

“So I will say to you Chris, I apologise to you. My behaviour was unacceptable and I am here whenever you are ready to talk.”

I can't say as I blame Chris Rock for not wanting to talk just yet.

In the video, Smith also apologised to Rock’s mother, father and younger brother Tony, an actor, who he said had been “my man”, before adding: “But this is probably irreparable.”

Will put a lot of hurt on Rock's family, He put hurt on his on family.
Will put a lot of hurt on himself, now he has to carry this around with him.

I don't generally follow celebs, But, I did learn something from this debacle and want to live a more Christian lifestyle.
I have come to the realization that when you lose your cool, not only do you negatively impact another person but, You damage your own soul.
Sure it might feel good at the time to let that anger out at another person at the time but Honestly it's damaging to your soul!

Last edited:
Not saying what he did was right, but what Chris rock did was no better really.

While smith may have physically struck him, rock did “hit” first with words. People seem to realize that can hurt and cause as much emotional pain as well.

It’s called bullying.

We see the physical strike as assault. Yet we ignore the verbal abuse. Even shrugging it off as comedy.

either way, Will Smith is NO actor, shit, he can't even rap a bad song.

his wife is a so-so actress, not that great, cannot even recall a movie she was in that makes me recall her.........but i feel her pain with that alopecia, that is not some problem anyone wants.

i purposely shave my head bald, as i have "male pattern baldness", that i inherited from my fathers side.

all that aside, when someone is a public figure, you get chidded on a regular basis, don't like it.>??

then retire and move away, otherwise, shut the **** up.......

Not saying what he did was right, but what Chris rock did was no better really.

While smith may have physically struck him, rock did “hit” first with words. People seem to realize that can hurt and cause as much emotional pain as well.

It’s called bullying.

We see the physical strike as assault. Yet we ignore the verbal abuse. Even shrugging it off as comedy.
True as that might be I sincerely believe Chris Rock said that as part of a "Comedy" Bit and not intended the way it was taken although obviously Will Smith took that very personally.

True as that might be I sincerely believe Chris Rock said that as part of a "Comedy" Bit and not intended the way it was taken although obviously Will Smith took that very personally.
Calling it “comedy” doesn’t make pushing buttons right.

given that nearly all WIll Smiths movies (except Men in Black) are duds, he's got more to worry about. i think his apology was to show Hollywood's elite producers and directors, he's hurting for work.

serves him right..

he acted out of anger, he could have just walked up, maybe whispered into Chris's ear, or just kept his stupid mouth shutty......

he could have also waited for a commercial break,

yup, he's hurting for work, no one wants to touch him, or front him money for any projects.

tought shit, asshole, suffer the consequences of your actions.

Last edited:
Calling it “comedy” doesn’t make pushing buttons right.
no, no it doesn't but all there that night (except maybe spouses or significant others) are fodder for anything since they are in the limelight, or public figures, no different for anyone throwing insults at the President, VP, or any one else.

a public figure?? take your lumps, deal with it peacefully behind the scenes. that way, make the offender? be the bad guy and face all the backlash.

this shit from Will Smith blew up in his face, and he is suffering, certainly NOT Chris Rock......he's still working......

I don't see what the big deal is.

Rock said something that pissed off Smith, and Smith smacked him.

He didn't beat him to a pulp & put him in the ER, he just smacked him and walked away. No injury, nobody has medical bills or scars, it was just a slap.

Big f'n deal. It probably happens at least once a week in a lot of bars all over the country.

The only difference is that this was on live television and was seen by people who don't hang out in bars.

Why is our pansy-assed society so overly sensitive to even the mildest violence? We never used to be like that. What are we allowing ourselves to be conditioned for?

I don't see what the big deal is.

Rock said something that pissed off Smith, and Smith smacked him.

He didn't beat him to a pulp & put him in the ER, he just smacked him and walked away. No injury, nobody has medical bills or scars, it was just a slap.

Exactly. I enjoyed the jokes that resulted from the slap, but that is about as much as I cared about it.

People fight, shake hands after, and move on. And the fight is often over the dumbest of things. At least, that is how we used to deal with it.

@mndriver , I have no idea how you get bullying out of this. It’s a comedian making a joke. We apply the bully term to far too many things these days.

@mndriver , I have no idea how you get bullying out of this. It’s a comedian making a joke. We apply the bully term to far too many things these days
Exactly my point..

“Oh it’s a comedian and a public figure…. It’s acceptable….”

When and what level does it no longer become acceptable?

Bullying is important to growing up. Everyone needs to be bullied at some point so they can learn how to develop thick skin and in some cases, fight back.

Otherwise we'll be a nation of pansyasses.

Maybe that's what all this hypersensitivity to bullying is about, coupled with zero tolerance policies on fighting (back). A nation of sissies will fall quickly.

The only type of bullying that should be stopped is against the disabled or if there's too much of a size/power difference between the bully and the victim.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread