Trucking News: Will Missouri authorize 75 mph speeds?

Mike

One Missouri state lawmaker is hopeful to bump speeds on the state’s fastest roadways.

Rep. Ron Hicks, R-Dardenne Praire, has filed a bill for consideration during the regular session that started today that would raise speed limits from 70 mph to 75 mph for all vehicles on stretches of rural interstates and freeways.

A similar bill was considered during the 2015 regular session, but the effort never made its way out of committee.

There are 17 states that authorize speeds of at least 75 mph. Only two of those states (Idaho and Montana) allow cars to travel one speed – 80 mph – while keeping trucks at a slower speed – 70 mph in Idaho and 65 mph in Montana.

Ah yes let's increase the differential. Wise, very wise.

Need to outlaw these extremely low speed governors first and foremost. 60 in 65, eh no big deal. 60 in 70, 75, 80? It's scary.

I have nothing against high speed driving, I actually like it when I'm not paying the fuel bill, or driving my pickup.

That said, I think 70 is plenty in Missouri. I don't see good things happening with an increased speed limit on 44 or 70. 35 or 29? who cares.

I don't like being the guy blown around by side winds and nearly nailed by supertruckers who can't hold a lane.

Side winds don't really affect me. Guys not able to maintain the left lane are annoying. Not sure how they maintain a CDL to be honest.

Side winds don't really affect me. Guys not able to maintain the left lane are annoying. Not sure how they maintain a CDL to be honest.
Holy Christ on a crutch ever driven a low pro step rolltite? Like 12’ feet high of canvas 53’ feet long talk about being a ******* for the wind to catch as a sail

Raise them up. Everyone goes 80+ anyway. Or maybe they'll keep it at 70 so they can generate the revenue to fix the roads...

I have nothing against high speed driving, I actually like it when I'm not paying the fuel bill, or driving my pickup.

That said, I think 70 is plenty in Missouri. I don't see good things happening with an increased speed limit on 44 or 70. 35 or 29? who cares.
44 sucks and 55 is a close second....

That said 35 before ya hit the outskirts of Kansas City is rather smooth going...

As opposed to 70 if traveling from KC to Chicago I prefer route Us 36 to I-72

Hilly rather desolate even boring but way ...way...way better than catching I-70

Agreed. Traffic density is such on I70, that encouraging a faster pace will just cause more (and worse) accidents.

Reactions: AK7

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread