New To Trucking Why you should Inspect Dock Area before backing into it..ouch

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Look at that ....and I can only pray to gosh that I didn't pick up something on my way in but if I get a flat I'll know why...

This was all in the dock just waiting to punch a tire..

15834375789291905745665041218357.jpg

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Nails poppin outta pallets... hittin the floor... floor gits swept... nails hit the ground

A tip worth keepin in mind
Gotta get out n open my trailer doors anyways ...

Years ago at Penske in Romulus Michigan caught one of those Bolt Seals and started taking a look ever since

Mike

Staff member
Look at that ....and I can only pray to gosh that I didn't pick up something on my way in but if I get a flat I'll know why...

View attachment 60096
Great message for newbies. At the slightest sign of debris, I get out and clean up the landing strip, usually finding a nail or three that I would have ran over with the trailer.

Nomad1

Forum
Supporter
A few weeks ago I picked up a bolt seal in a trailer tire. The inflation system kept it up long enough for me to drop that trailer at my pick up. Tonight I picked up that same trailer with the same bolt in the tire but leaking much slower. I guess I get to have it fixed in the morning.

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
A few weeks ago I picked up a bolt seal in a trailer tire. The inflation system kept it up long enough for me to drop that trailer at my pick up. Tonight I picked up that same trailer with the same bolt in the tire but leaking much slower. I guess I get to have it fixed in the morning.
So basically you said "screw it" ..leave it for the "Next Guy"..

And that "Next Guy" turned out to be "Yourself"..

Hillbilly Canuck

So basically you said "screw it" ..leave it for the "Next Guy"..

And that "Next Guy" turned out to be "Yourself"..
Yeah..... **** that guy!

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Yeah..... **** that guy!
I left one with flat-spotteds but I atleast called the shop and let em know which one so they wouldn't "re-assign" it..

Should've called when I hooked the load but only 103 miles and it was going to the yard anyways and no scales ...

Saved em a "service charge" without sticking the Next Guy

Hillbilly Canuck

I left one with flat-spotteds but I atleast called the shop and let em know which one so they wouldn't "re-assign" it..

Should've called when I hooked the load but only 103 miles and it was going to the yard anyways and no scales ...

Saved em a "service charge" without sticking the Next Guy
Aside from occasionally grabbing a van for the day our reefers are married to our trucks so none of that ****ery afoot. I really hated inheriting problems.

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Aside from occasionally grabbing a van for the day our reefers are married to our trucks so none of that ****ery afoot. I really hated inheriting problems.
Years ago I used to say "F-It" and Leave It...

At the Same Time also inherited problems quite often..

Several Jobs & about a decade later I attended an orientation for a new job and the guy really "hammered" about leaving problems for the "next guy" , they're policy , and I mean he spent atleast 1/2 an hour on that alone..

Being abit "Older" by then I realized the "Wrong" of my LAZY selfish ways...

Since then I've always tried to report what I catch and found if I "haggle" enough I can even get some BreakDown Pay outta em for my time..

And guess what I "inherit" few problems now.

Perhaps there is something to "What goes around comes around" or KARMA

Mike

Staff member

View attachment 60096
Probably one of your best threads in quite some time, props to ya!

I've angered truck drivers a few times because of this, but if there is any suspect debris, I will walk the perimeter and gather up all the land mines.

Hillbilly Canuck

Plants are a bit slow. I ran a produce load yesterday. A man could have spent a few hours at that dock with a wheelbarrow and shovel but I reckoned it was far enough back to not be problematic.

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
I actually witnessed a driver chuck a cut bolt seal into the area in front of the dock doors as he drove by.
What kind of a ****ing asshole does that?
You take a good look around lately at the creeps walking around these day..

Sure it was bad back in the day but atleast some of them had parents with basic Common Sense even if only a "fraction" passed on..

Today you got "Freakazoids" all tattoed up wearing goofy colored stuff piercings up the wahzoo and those one ain't even tough they just look like freaking HALF-WITS...or their parents never taught em how to wash n dress. Or these days we call that "Self-expression and infact we should "embrace"

The really scary ones are the ones who grew up on the internet and had a smartphone all they're lives..

They never took they're eyes off a screen long enough to see more less recognize the world..

When the Signal or WiFi goes out they be like "WTF" and get all miserable..

They never even went outside as children rode bikes and played catch at the park..

They know of "nothing" other than screen and Social Media..

So detached and completely "Unaware" of the entire World around them

Last edited:

vaportrail

You aint seen nuthin yet

what... how the... where did you get that video, i demand you take that down:explode:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Latest posts