Which Tonneau Cover should I get?

Sinister

pari animositate
Its been decided that I'm not getting a topper on this pickup, but since I dont want to haul snow around all winter I'll be getting a tonneau cover.

Which one should I get?

I should add a poll but its late and @Mike did Gods know what to to the forum again and I'm afraid of what might happen.

2015-2020 F-150 Bed Covers & Tonneau Covers | AmericanTrucks.com

The polls work great now, quit being old.

AER makes some good ones.

Paint to match looks the best. And, you can wax the hard tops to make the snow fall off easier.

If you get a soft top, it will stretch with all that frozen rain that you weirdo cheeseheads get. I would go hardtop.

Or, do what I did with my F150

Trade it in on a Jeep! Life is so much better with the Jeep!

Its been decided that I'm not getting a topper on this pickup, but since I dont want to haul snow around all winter I'll be getting a tonneau cover.

Which one should I get?

I should add a poll but its late and @Mike did Gods know what to to the forum again and I'm afraid of what might happen.

2015-2020 F-150 Bed Covers & Tonneau Covers | AmericanTrucks.com
Depends....

You want it matchin yer paint? You wanna put a cab guard on with it?

I have one of those Tuxedo Deuce with the fold up front. While I love the idea of a hard cover, they suck when you haul tall stuff as you have to pull them off. The hard rollers take up to much bedspace with these short beds so common today.

SmartSelect_20200726-102748_Chrome.jpg

I had the Ford factory three section flip kind of like the post above me. It was pretty nice. The cover itself was soft but it had hinged framework so you weren't screwing around with buttons.

If I didn't have a 5th wheel hitch in the bed, I'd be more than easy enough to carry and ATV.

That's the best cover made. I've had a couple. I put one on my '94 half ton in about '02 or so and its still holding up. Friend of mine owns the truck now.

Yep. Minimal benefit, as modern trucks are designed to use a fairly stable eddy in the bed to smoothly move air from the roof to the tailgate. I saw less than 1 mpg difference, and while I didn't track it that closely, my intuition would be that tonneaus would help more in crosswinds, where that eddy would not be as stable.

If there's snow on the road, you're better off with the extra weight in the back anyway.

One time I used my tractor to completely fill the back of my 2wd F-150. It made a huge difference in traction.

If there's snow on the road, you're better off with the extra weight in the back anyway.

One time I used my tractor to completely fill the back of my 2wd F-150. It made a huge difference in traction.
That's one reason I'm leaving the 5th wheel in mine. It's like having a bunch of salt bags permanently directly over the axle.

...and people say you can't learn anything from this place.

I think I'm going to go with a soft roll up one.

I have traction control.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread