Which is better? Opionion I know but ya'll are the truckers........

Old MP

Which is the better way for CDL, tech school or private school?

Private school can be completed in 3 weeks (4 tops) which gets you out there looking for work faster.

Tech schools are longer, 10 - 12 weeks according to which semesters and what holidays fall in there.

But, which is better?

Thanks

If you have the time, i'd go with the long course of 10-12 weeks. Up to you. Here at Houston Community College they offer the 3 week CDL class and the 3 month, or one semester route. They dont teach you how to drive in the 3 week class. They just teach you how to get thru the state testing requirements. Not saying the long course makes you a bonafide truck driver, but it does expose you to more training and classroom simulations. In my opionion, the long course better prepares the new truck driver in a more realistic atmosphere of what he will face in life on the road. To be honest, some of these three week courses, or has some refer to as "certification" courses, are a freakin joke and should be outlawed. Try and get the training you can pay for up front, if possible, and stay away from the company CDL training you have to pay back with heavy intrest and fines if you default. I believe the forum now has a section devoted to truck driving training schools. Check it out. Some good stuff to read up on. Good luck!

Tech school DEFFINATELY.There is so much you need to know and the longer the course the better.Those 3 weeks jobbies crams everything into your brain 10x faster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread