Where's the Dawg?

ScurvyDawg

I don't know how good I'll keep this updated...but what the hell.

Today, I'm in Fort Worth waiting for my truck to get fixed.

So I get to the shop this morning expecting to have it up and running. Nope. But now my fuel tanks are gouged and my mud flap bracket is dented. VERY unhappy right now.

Yes I did. And about 6 hours after I left the shop, my air dryer quit. So another $270 and the joy of fixing my own truck on the side of the road on 155 in Texas between Tyler and Palestine. Awesome. If it weren't for bad luck this month I'd have no luck at all.

They sent my tanks out to get remachined and polished. Now I have to wash my truck to match the tanks. Trucking ain't nothing but problems, lol.

And oh, by the way, in the spirit of "What's my 20?", I'm done for the night in Buffalo, TX, on my way to Tomball to loaf for Pinellas Park, FL.

You're taking a flatbed to Florida after a pretty heavy shop bill?

You trying to lose weight by not being able to buy food? LMAO.

God I hated flatbed freight in Florida. We always got this pipe down near Tampa. Took 97 hours to load, couldn't pull into the lot until your turn, and couldn't sit on the street either. Oh, and you needed 43 pieces of dunnage, and they wouldn't let you use any of the crap they had laying ALL OVER the yard.

I've already decided that If nothing pops up, I'm going to deadhead home. We have an agent though that get Ambulances out of Orlando, so hopefully I'll end up with one of those.

It was the shop that the tanks were sent out to that did the damage. The guy dragged them out of the bed of his truck. He's looking for a new job, or so I'm told.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread