Where is the best money? (owner operator)

Vadim

hey I just started driving, I'm only 22 with about 4 month experience, my dad helped me buy my own truck and a trailer so I am good to go, I am based out of Rochester, NY and currently use 360 freight and a CH Robinson load board, just trying everything out to see what pays the best, did some Virginia to Massachusetts and back to Rochester, NY area, not too bad, got an average of just a little over $2.00 per mile, now I started going more long distance runs, pretty much Rochester, NY area to NC or SC area, then to TX from there and and back to MA and then home, that makes about $1.80 to $1.95 per mile but a way bigger pay check at the end... plus way cheaper fuel down south, but I'm still starting out and just wondering, if I go to NC from NY, they pay kinda cheap, but going back to NY from the south, they pay very well, what's the best area to go from NC/SC or GA area? that pays good? and then from there I can go back home, thanks.

Dry van, reefer, flat..? It depends on your equipment.

I've never seen a CH Robinson load that pays anything worthwhile. Usually bottom-dollar **** just to keep you moving. That's how guys go broke.

Out of the southeast, I have no idea where you'd want to go though. I don't get down there very often at all. In fact it's been 6 years since I've been in either GA or SC.

Dry van, reefer, flat..? It depends on your equipment.

I've never seen a CH Robinson load that pays anything worthwhile. Usually bottom-dollar **** just to keep you moving. That's how guys go broke.

Out of the southeast, I have no idea where you'd want to go though. I don't get down there very often at all. In fact it's been 6 years since I've been in either GA or SC.

yea I noticed that too, they are busy but sometimes pay ok, (maybe I don't know better because I'm new) I have a regular 53 feet 4000dx dry van, I don't really mind where I go, I just go where ever pays good.

never heard of ooida.. thx though

You are an owner operator and never heard of the Owner Operators and Independent Drivers Association? Check them out here: http://www.ooida.com/

Also. [MENTION=8936]Tim[/MENTION] has posted somewhere here that there is a place you can get very good fuel prices. Maybe he will pop in here and post the information.

What do you have for a truck? Flatbed? Tanker? Dry van? Reefer?

Have you found out what areas to avoid for freight yet? Some places are like black holes, freight goes in, but never comes out. Go to those places and don't get enough for the load and you might as well haul the stuff for free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread