Where is Mike? Where is he going? Don't ask him, he's probably lost.

Fight the snow.
Arrive at receiver 90 minutes early.
Assigned a door, waiting til appt time to go to door.
20 minutes later, security voids my check in and informs me all deliveries for the day were just cancelled due to weather. Yeah, the weather that I just drove through to make delivery on time.
Makes no sense why they'd lock the place up for no reason. 🙄

😁

Actually their forklift guys probably called in cuz they're too chicken shit to drive 3 miles in their 4wd SUVs and stuff. It's "unsafe". Especially when their kids want to go sledding. :D

😁

Actually their forklift guys probably called in cuz they're too chicken **** to drive 3 miles in their 4wd SUVs and stuff. It's "unsafe". Especially when their kids want to go sledding. :D
Somebody couldn't find the key to the barrel for the beet juice

😁

Actually their forklift guys probably called in cuz they're too chicken **** to drive 3 miles in their 4wd SUVs and stuff. It's "unsafe". Especially when their kids want to go sledding. :D
Well sure it does. Them pantywaist states lock up after the second snowflake (the kind that falls from the skies) shows up.

For the amount of snow I have had to sit here and watch fall from the sky, I may as well have went to the Northwest. Every year, I escape running in this crap by watching the weather and planning my loads accordingly.

This past week, I was rushing on my way to a gymnastics meet, agreed to a sweet deal over the phone on a load to Abilene, TX. It wasn't quite so sweet once I got there and seen how much of a pain it was going to be to get out of there. Winter storm was heading into Abiline (they were in a whiteout today), rates were in the tank, so I took the only decent load I could get on short notice to Missouri. Should have checked the weather, LOL.

That said, I don't know if there was any place I could have went and avoided this storm, other than going home and sitting at the house, which actually seems like the better idea at this point.

Looking like it is going to be a cheap freight week for me. Will know for sure by tomorrow morning.

Ended up in Phoenix, delivered mid morning, finished up just after lunch. During that time, never found a load that I could get anywhere close to market rate. Loads flying off the board for just over a buck a mile going across the country, $1.25 for the short loads.

I fought the good fight all day today, ended up booking nothing.

Play it by ear tomorrow morning, bright and early. If I see the same trend, just gonna have to take the best I can and not make the mistake of coming out here. Really can't call it a mistake, basically just took the risk after having to sit and get my last week screwed up. Only decent chance i had at salvaging anything from last week was to come out here. It usually works out, might still, but sometimes you just gotta admit defeat, LOL.

Looking like it is going to be a cheap freight week for me. Will know for sure by tomorrow morning.

Ended up in Phoenix, delivered mid morning, finished up just after lunch. During that time, never found a load that I could get anywhere close to market rate. Loads flying off the board for just over a buck a mile going across the country, $1.25 for the short loads.

I fought the good fight all day today, ended up booking nothing.

Play it by ear tomorrow morning, bright and early. If I see the same trend, just gonna have to take the best I can and not make the mistake of coming out here. Really can't call it a mistake, basically just took the risk after having to sit and get my last week screwed up. Only decent chance i had at salvaging anything from last week was to come out here. It usually works out, might still, but sometimes you just gotta admit defeat, LOL.
How far will you bounce?

T/A in Terrell, TX.

Stopped hear toward the end of the week for $1.70 fuel on my way to Atlanta. Back here again on the way back into the Dallas area for a shower and some $1.66 fuel.

I was gonna wait til tomorrow sometime to fuel because I could only put 145 gallons on today, but NASTC showed fuel would go up .07 after midnight tonight so decided to top off before parking.

unload some paper towels into a warehouse tomorrow morning, then reload the same "members mark" paper towels at the same place to take to the Sam's club in Lawton, OK. Likely deadheading home from there unless a decent load pops up that can let me go through the house.

Probably stay out two weeks again, gotta make hay while the sun is shining.

T/A in Terrell, TX.

Stopped hear toward the end of the week for $1.70 fuel on my way to Atlanta. Back here again on the way back into the Dallas area for a shower and some $1.66 fuel.

I was gonna wait til tomorrow sometime to fuel because I could only put 145 gallons on today, but NASTC showed fuel would go up .07 after midnight tonight so decided to top off before parking.

unload some paper towels into a warehouse tomorrow morning, then reload the same "members mark" paper towels at the same place to take to the Sam's club in Lawton, OK. Likely deadheading home from there unless a decent load pops up that can let me go through the house.

Probably stay out two weeks again, gotta make hay while the sun is shining.
How long til shippers and brokers start cutting rates because of the cheap fuel?

How long til shippers and brokers start cutting rates because of the cheap fuel?
Saw some evidence of that at the beginning of last week, but...

One of my brokers that I frequently use on a load that I've run often, tacked on an extra $300, after fuel dropped even more this week. I suspect the supply of empty trucks on this lane dropped some, and hoarders are apparently still busy.

It's going to be a bit before the sidelined flatbedders, car haulers, oil field guys, etc, can shake loose appropriate trailers to jump to a different active segment. Not everyone can just go out and drop some cash on a couple of dry vans like someone just did, but that and lower fuel costs will eventually take a bite out of rates.

Not everyone can just go out and drop some cash on a couple of dry vans like someone just did
Who said I BOUGHT.

Reefers rent for $1400/month.

This is exactly what renting/ leasing is for.

Adjustment for short term demands.

There's also a finite supply. We moved on that when it was necessary. A decision that's been in the works for more than a day.

Considering the size of their rental fleet and they have nothing left....we ain't the only one that did this.

Norseman trucking in lake Mills Iowa almost looks like their entire fleet is parked at home.

Semper Gumby. Has been part of the business model from day one.

Last edited:
Who said I BOUGHT.

Reefers rent for $1400/month.

This is exactly what renting/ leasing is for.

Adjustment for short term demands.

There's also a finite supply. We moved on that when it was necessary. A decision that's been in the works for more than a day.

Considering the size of their rental fleet and they have nothing left....we ain't the only one that did this.

Norseman trucking in lake Mills Iowa almost looks like their entire fleet is parked at home.

Semper Gumby. Has been part of the business model from day one.
Simmer down grandpa. No one said "bought." Better plan on rates tanking when all y'all show up, and start taking a bite out of someone else's lunch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread