Where can I get semi truck financing?

OTRboy

Does anyone know where I can get financing for a semi truck (Peterbilt, Kenworth, Freightliner, etc.) with little or no money down and a credit score of 690?

Freightliner is your best option. damiler Chrysler is easy to get financed with. My brother had crappy financing and got approved will very little down. So i am sure you can get financed with no money down easily. best place to check is truckpaper.com

My brother recently entered into a lease program, before he signed the paperwork I looked into the Frieghtliner first time purchase program. The requirement is for a score of 600 or higher. This was at the Fontana Select Trucks.

This is a pretty old post, however if youre still interested, pm me for details. I do no money down financing and have programs for good and bad credit.

This is a pretty old post, however if youre still interested, pm me for details. I do no money down financing and have programs for good and bad credit.

Just my opinion OTR, look around first and do your research (Arrow truck sales) (MHC Kenworth) (Select trucks Kansas City) I have done business with all 3 and they have very good programs for the good credit buyer or the challanged

we have proven to provide a quicker turn around, a lower monthly payment and little to almost nothing down. You can shop with confidence when leasing/financing with us because we have a huge network of dealers nationwide with huge inventories therefore youre not limited to a certain amount of trucks you can choose from - you pick a truck and we either finance or lease it for you.
Chae you show alot of concern for your fellow truckers and I admire that. However your post here was intentionally aimed at me. That shows a lack of professional courtesy.

we have proven to provide a quicker turn around, a lower monthly payment and little to almost nothing down. You can shop with confidence when leasing/financing with us because we have a huge network of dealers nationwide with huge inventories therefore youre not limited to a certain amount of trucks you can choose from - you pick a truck and we either finance or lease it for you.
Chae you show alot of concern for your fellow truckers and I admire that. However your post here was intentionally aimed at me. That shows a lack of professional courtesy.

No sir my post here is to help educate the possible less experienced driver of this industry. If a person does there due deligence and comes to the decision of whom they wish to deal with, Great
I have seen alot of my fellow drivers not have the knowledge that got sucked in to a good salesperson hype and numbers not to due their own due diligence to do the research and all information and end up broke with hungry kids and homeless. So as most you are free to assume as you like, I just have offered some further input for my fellow driver to research in their decision making and not just one persons objective.

As for your comment as to professional courtesy, it all leads to your personal interpetation as to the post I made. If I recall correctly my post started with: JUST MY OPINION. If you are the professional you claim, mine or nobody elses opinion should bother you especially not to the degree you have demonstrated

buying a truck and trailer

i am interested in buying a truck and trailer if your still ofereing no credit nothing down please contact me , i have 40 yrs expeirence in the business. thanks jr horton.

(jr.horton-at-att.net)

i am interested in buying a truck and trailer if your still ofereing no credit nothing down please contact me , i have 40 yrs expeirence in the business. thanks jr horton.

(jr.horton-at-att.net)

Think very carefully about what you are looking to get into,,, good rule of thumb, if you do not have the credit good enough to get a loan from a bank or the money for a down payment, how are you going to afford to license, insure or equip the truck and most of these deals are 'as is' sales, which means when you sign that bill of sale and the tranny drops as you are leaving their drive way, guess who is S. O. L., another rule of thumb is, if it sounds like it is to good to be true, it is, I suggest work your backside off as a company driver for a year or two, save every penny you can, then take that $20,000 to a legitimate truck dealer, buy a decent used truck WITH a warranty and you will have a much better chance of succeeding as a truck owner

Does anyone know where I can get financing for a semi truck (Peterbilt, Kenworth, Freightliner, etc.) with little or no money down and a credit score of 690?

Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo, GM, Kenworth, Freightliner, Peterbuilt or just about any other loan institute.

You can get financed almost anywhere...

Two good sources are: Arrow Truck Sales and Freightliner Select Trucks. A 690 credit score in this economy is just fine. Bavnwise

It's a royal pain getting financing right now
I have a lease to a decent co, 30 yrs o/o,homeowner,similar credit score
Everyone wants 1/3 down
I bought a Columbia 6 months
from Ryder
I know, Ryder yuck!
But my budget was 25 k or so and I was running into 2004,5, 6 trucks with
engines with new pollution technology for the year
A lot of Ryders had the 2004 Columbia
but had 2002 style C-15s!
They are basic trucks but that's all I have ever needed
I'm home every night
financing
took me easily 3 weeks or better
and my other truck had a bad engine
I was out of work for 5 weeks trying to get a truck
Just trying to find a truck you are interested in
means you have to drive all over the place to look them over
Then comes warranty issues
There are some really garbage warranties out there
they make it almost impossible to collect on a claim
I went to one of the dealers in Bethel Pa
(If you run 78 in PA you know the ones)
The guy told me he could only give me a verbal warranty
"but if anything major goes wrong in 30 days we'll make good"

We just bought a used truck and they were associated with a group called GE Capitol and there is a Canada division. You might see. Have no clue of the interest rate.

Anybody ever wonder why so many 'owner ops' fail? Nobody wants to put forth the effort to do it right. There is probably a reason you have bad credit. It usually means you overspend and don't have money to pay your bills. Now you want to go out and get a quicky loan that is going to have very crappy interest rates. Buy a used truck that is bound to have problems which you won't have the money to fix and so on. A guaranteed recipe for failure. Another truck that will be picked up on the cheap at a bankruptcy auction in about a year.

yea the guy had our truck abt 9 months then lost it. The company we got it from said the GEC couldn't come close to the interest rate we get locally. and some of them are just too picky about the loads they take as well.....

yea the guy had our truck abt 9 months then lost it. The company we got it from said the GEC couldn't come close to the interest rate we get locally. and some of them are just too picky about the loads they take as well.....

That is another thing that get's me, these guy's who buy a truck then let it sit in the driveway while they are riding the couch for the week,every other week, I myself had to learn the hard way that not everything is going to be peaches and cream and that when it rains it pours, I almost lost my first truck and had to basically live on the road for 4 months to catch back up. Never again, my truck comes first then taxes, what ever is left over pays the bills and buys the toys, It took me a while to learn that, I used to have it the opposite.

i think a lot of newbies are unaware that they need to be saving and PAYING quarterly's. Its a killer to overcome that boo boo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread