Where’s the dry van forum and other dumb questions

We've had customers actually use bolts like that as seals. They just bend 'em so the nut can't be screwed off.

They got the plastic number ones for the BOL but the bolt is the security.

Agreed, but it’s a necessary evil for now.
Everything about a van is foreign.

I had to blindside back a empty 48’ flat the other day off a jobsite and onto the road. That would’ve sucked with a van.

Back to air lines and hoses- how short can I go?

Agreed, but it’s a necessary evil for now.
Everything about a van is foreign.

I had to blindside back a empty 48’ flat the other day off a jobsite and onto the road. That would’ve sucked with a van.

Back to air lines and hoses- how short can I go?
I’m gonna try adding a second spring and clamp, first. Gotta hit traction first thing to grab a clamp and a new receptacle

Ok how short can I make my lightcord and air lines?

What’s the kingpin setting on a van? Same as a stepdeck isn’t it?
I think it matters just as much where you're gonna put your fifth wheel and where your truck connections are too. Your truck is a little more stretched out than your typical Crapcadias and such that are set up to pull boxes. You can probably use what you have even if it's "too long" so long as you got a way to keep it off the catwalk.

I think it matters just as much where you're gonna put your fifth wheel and where your truck connections are too. Your truck is a little more stretched out than your typical Crapcadias and such that are set up to pull boxes. You can probably use what you have even if it's "too long" so long as you got a way to keep it off the catwalk.
That’s the idea behind the second spring and clamp. Get the extra off the catwalk

I already have a second clamp near the end so I can move the original springs depending on kingpin setting with the carabiner. Takes 5 seconds to move a spring. But then I got so much left over that gets tangled

That’s the idea behind the second spring and clamp. Get the extra off the catwalk

I already have a second clamp near the end so I can move the original springs depending on kingpin setting with the carabiner. Takes 5 seconds to move a spring. But then I got so much left over that gets tangled
Figure out how much excess you got. Figure how long they are in total. Do a little math. You're welcome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread