what's your view right now? (or from whenever Flemming asks for them)

Google sunrise/sunset today, or plug in the date you need it for.

Done.

How often should you buy a new atlas or truck stop directory?

That would be a pain in the keister to move all the hand written notes over to a new truck stop directory

How often should you buy a new atlas or truck stop directory?

That would be a pain in the keister to move all the hand written notes over to a new truck stop directory
Atlas. I dunno couple years. Roads don’t change that much. Truck stop guides are tricky as that shit changes frequently. All you big chain shit will be there but the mom n pops places are disappearing.

Atlas. I dunno couple years. Roads don’t change that much. Truck stop guides are tricky as that **** changes frequently. All you big chain **** will be there but the mom n pops places are disappearing.
Agreed, but the mom n pop places are the best ones

Door swingers ruin everything

Astronomical ephemeris books do change every year. Sunrise/sunset times do change from year to year.

View attachment 52857
The vertical spike from the rising sun is called a "sun pillar." It was very evident, and stretched 2 or 3 times higher than the camera caught, all in red. This morning on I55 north of Bloomington IL.
Thanks IP I saw one of those yesterday morning coming out of Akron Ohio on 76 in the snow and knew what it was.

I was out on the Goldwing yesterday and noticed a strange pattern in the clouds.

20191106_143933.jpg

20191106_143936.jpg

It was like that Journey song. Like the spokes of a big giant wheel in the sky. It must have been 30 miles in diameter.

That's assuming the pattern continued around in a full circle. I was only observing it from the north and the east. I started north of the apparent hub and rode about 20 miles southeast to the Indians state line and back.

It would have been cool to see a live satellite image of the Kankakee area.

I think I have frostbite on my forehead. 🤬

Yep .....it keeps lizards from wondering off....:biglaugh:
However if your impressed with this around a truck stop ......stay away from the following.....fema camps, prison units, military Bases....border patrol .
The heck is “fema”?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread