what's your view right now? (or from whenever Flemming asks for them)

Being a non trucker and female too boot.....I usually wonder in here to look at the pictures and do some wondering without a comment. But this picture grabs the mind....everything is so. Hugh......holy jumping grasshoppers.
Those seagull are going to be happy when those bears start ripping apart that whale. But, as mentioned, those bears will be done eating in only a few days. Then they and the seagulls will be off to find other groceries.

Being a non trucker and female too boot.....I usually wonder in here to look at the pictures and do some wondering without a comment. But this picture grabs the mind....everything is so. Hugh......holy jumping grasshoppers.
Try this pic of Holly (or bear 435). Holly is one of the Katmai National Park bears. She's been voted the winner this year. The picture on the left was taken in July, the picture on the right was taken in September. Yet no bear looks very big against a whale. Here's an article about the fat bear contest: Stuffed With Sockeye Salmon, 'Holly' Wins 'Fat Bear Week' Heavyweight Title. I don't know if the Katmain bears interact with the McNiel River bears (on a state wildlife preserve). But since bears are not particularly territorial, I'm guessing they wander back and forth between rivers.
Holly435.jpg

Those seagull are going to be happy when those bears start ripping apart that whale. But, as mentioned, those bears will be done eating in only a few days. Then they and the seagulls will be off to find other groceries.
Nature knows how to balance.....man kind could not survive without this balance. The critters have the system of hunt and flight down to a fine art. To everything there is a purpose.

Try this pic of Holly (or bear 435). Holly is one of the Katmai National Park bears. She's been voted the winner this year. The picture on the left was taken in July, the picture on the right was taken in September. Yet no bear looks very big against a whale. Here's an article about the fat bear contest: Stuffed With Sockeye Salmon, 'Holly' Wins 'Fat Bear Week' Heavyweight Title. I don't know if the Katmain bears interact with the McNiel River bears (on a state wildlife preserve). But since bears are not particularly territorial, I'm guessing they wander back and forth between rivers.
View attachment 52422
Holly sure does not look like she missed a meal....overly healthy.......more then ready for long winter den time. The voting is quite a deal too....hefty holly getting 17,500 in a 12 hour period. Amazing article. Thanks.

Holly sure does not look like she missed a meal....overly healthy.......more then ready for long winter den time. The voting is quite a deal too....hefty holly getting 17,500 in a 12 hour period. Amazing article. Thanks.
My old truckin' friend, Jimmy Portch, posted this today. Were Holly a human, I think that she could relate to this message:BodyType.jpg

my view right now is the mill at Candor,NC for Mountainare
been down since 9 pm last night,and 10 trucks ahead of me.They should have it fixed around 10 pm tonight,good news is I get paid to sleep
c2.pngc1.png

I got tagged for a level 1 inspection in Beach North Dakota this afternoon of all places.

Why on earth were you crossing an open scale?

I prefer bumper stickers or tourist stickers from places, like Cocoa Beach or the Boondocks truck stops. I was thinking of getting a large map of North America and putting the stickers on the map, up on a wall of the shop. I got a sweet South Carolina sticker my last trip south. Lots of the welcome centres hand them out for free.

So, what’s your sticker for? Did you pass the inspection?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread