what's your view right now? (or from whenever Flemming asks for them)

I would totally want to do a tipper if I could sit in the truck while they tipped it like in the old days.
I was just thinking that they probably tipped the whole truck back in the day, but made the driver climb out (or did they?).

After a few let's just say mishaps, things changed.

Back onto a tilter like that in perham at barrel o' fun. Snow on the ground and all.

The tipper didn't set down correctly and I couldn't get back under inflated or uninflated on the air bags.

Some how in the process, I popped all four air bags on the drives from over extension. After I got my trailer off the tipper, they closed it down and finally removed all the snow built up under the frame.

Last edited:
I was just thinking that they probably tipped the whole truck back in the day, but made the driver climb out (or did they?).

I can remember being out in Lewiston id at a grain terminal back in 1991. Had a side board kit on a flatbed. Backed the entire truck up and took the back wall off. Lifted truck and trailer up.

It was my first time going across Lolo pass too

The rayonieer plant in Jesup GA tilts the whole truck. A buddy of mine who hauled chips in there said up until the late 90s you could sit in the truck.

Covington paper plant still tips the entire truck.
Must be a wheel chock like thing.

Some places they're ready to call your dispatcher and complain if you don't chock,
don't even think about being loaded.

Other places with the same type of signs
you walk in...."hey I wasn't sure you wanted
me to chock the wheels."

They're like. "Chock who!
all don't worry about that"

Last edited:
I can remember being out in Lewiston id at a grain terminal back in 1991. Had a side board kit on a flatbed. Backed the entire truck up and took the back wall off. Lifted truck and trailer up.

I took a load of pears in a reefer into a place in Arkansas that made baby food.They had me back down a ramp into a chute then they used a high pressure water hose to shoot water up into the nose of the trailer it didn’t take much to float the the load out. Was empty and washed out all at the same time. Thought that was pretty slick.

I took a load of pears in a reefer into a place in Arkansas that made baby food.They had me back down a ramp into a chute then they used a high pressure water hose to shoot water up into the nose of the trailer it didn’t take much to float the the load out. Was empty and washed out all at the same time. Thought that was pretty slick.
Have had taters come off that way.

Nothing like a stranded whale to congregate a bunch of bears. Where I used to live on the Alaska Peninsula (Chignik) the local brown bears (highest concentration of brown bears in Alaska) would recycle a 25' whale in a few days. Nothing but bones on the beach.
That's nothing. The Amish can build an entire pole barn in one day.

• Haha
Reactions: AK7
Point taken about the speed. Not sure about the size of Amish barn-raising crews. And I'm guessing that it takes less area to feed an Amish barn-raiser than an 800 lb. bear.

View attachment 52409
Being a non trucker and female too boot.....I usually wonder in here to look at the pictures and do some wondering without a comment. But this picture grabs the mind....everything is so. Hugh......holy jumping grasshoppers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread