What's your holiday plans?

Oh man......now THIS is gonna be good! :rolllaugh:

Alright, TTW, this is between you and me. Are ya ready? Alright, here goes:

I will pay you TOP DOLLAR if you videotape yourself installing the bathtub! The good thing about this deal? You won't even have to upload the video to YouTube or any other video sharing site for that matter. Just submit the video of the installation to my mailing address.

Okay, now it's time for the REAL business. I'll pay you $n,nnn for the vid. Do we have a deal?

*secretly makes plans to submit the tape to America's Funniest Home Videos*

My labor day weekend will be spent near Pittsburgh.
So just what are your saying?...hahaha....I'll keep that in mind...lol...

Either go hide from the heat this weekend, or brave it and put the pool up. Haven't decided yet.

Tuesday, put in notice at work. I found a job hauling equipment. Over-sized, lowboys, landolls. A buddy of mine got me in. I get my very own Mack. I get overtime after 40. Start at 0700 everyday and weekends off. Yep. No more slip seating straight box dry van boo-hoo this sucks. I'm pumped.

Good times! Congratulations!

Well, when I start I will also start a Gased's 20 thread. They are willing to train me so there will be some adventures.

Like when a 60,000lb excavator decides it wants to lie down on its side.

View attachment 16474
View attachment 16474

...My labor day weekend will be spent near Pittsburgh.

Harmony, PA: 0500 Tuesday

New Stanton, PA: 1000 Tuesday

Saxonburg, PA: 0500 Wed

Any of these work?

Obviously I'll break up the holiday weekend with some of my favorite thing to do... yes I said "thing". Driving.

Leave out early early Monday.

Home.... fixed Master Bath faucet,watching the NationWide race, then clean gutters,mow back lawn,& will wash both Toasters & mebbe even splatter some wax on 'em tomorrow before the big race.

well if it does NOT rain..

1) wash/wax 2 cars

2) install 3 window air/conditioners

3) scrape and paint ceilings that are peeling

4) laundry

5) work the garden

6) grocery shopping

7) sleeping

8) making biscuits and gravy for breakfast

9) making fresh waffles for the week ahead.

10) sleeping

so all in all, my usual stuff, there ain't no more holidays, just a day or two extra to do more crap around the house.

i'm so glad to go back to work, where i work less..!!!

well when i got home today at 4AM, i did not go off to bed. my "normal" saturday routine is to stay awake to get things done, THEN sleep.

i was only bale to do #'s:

2 (but forgot 1 a/c, so that is for sunday), actually, in my first posting, i said "install 3 window a/c's". i had to install a total of 7 today, but only got 6 done, and completely forgot the 7th..

then 10.

funny how the list gets harder as i get older.

and yes, as TN Truckers wife says.....you can't soak old tired bones in a shower...!!!

today, for me, this is ever so true.(my aching back thanks me for the tub)

Harmony, PA: 0500 Tuesday

New Stanton, PA: 1000 Tuesday

Saxonburg, PA: 0500 Wed

Any of these work?

Obviously I'll break up the holiday weekend with some of my favorite thing to do... yes I said "thing". Driving.

Leave out early early Monday.

Hmm....

That's a huge maybe. I'm waiting on a replacement truck to be sent to my location while the one that I'm in is going to be towed away.

And you can add this strange event to my ever-growing list of strange experiences: having the truck's transmission go out on you one-half mile away from the receiver.

I mean, no one else in this industry can say that their transmission suddenly malfunctioned on them when they were less than one minute away from their receiver! :rolllaugh: Ugh, über retardation at it's best.....

Hmm....

That's a huge maybe. I'm waiting on a replacement truck to be sent to my location while the one that I'm in is going to be towed away.

And you can add this strange event to my ever-growing list of strange experiences: having the truck's transmission go out on you one-half mile away from the receiver.

I mean, no one else in this industry can say that their transmission suddenly malfunctioned on them when they were less than one minute away from their receiver! :rolllaugh: Ugh, über retardation at it's best.....

I'm considering the source....

Push?

well i am still waiting for my bro-in-law to get back home, so we can install the last a/c.

but i did do all my grocery shopping, and i also made the time to go to find a place that racer is going to be at this week.

he is coming to my state, and low and behold, he is making a delivery i actually went to, to seek employment some time ago.

little did i know, he has an o/d type of load..:eek2:

but maybe, the directions i provided can still be of some help.

Racer, let me know where you are going after the delivery, if i can i will help you there as well. but get back to me wednesday and no later than 12 PM thursday

Where is that one truckstop that The Ocean State has?

exit 5 B (rte 102) off I-95

follow the road, take a left.

parking for free if fueling, or 4 hour limit.

food is actually ok, but "self serve", meaning you go to the counter, order it, pay for it, they call your name, you eat. (might be a bit high, fish and chips are good so are the stuffed cheese shells).

i do not believe they have raviolis though..lol

parking indeed can be hard, but get there by 4 PM..???

exit 5 B (rte 102) off I-95

follow the road, take a left.

parking for free if fueling, or 4 hour limit.

food is actually ok, but "self serve", meaning you go to the counter, order it, pay for it, they call your name, you eat. (might be a bit high, fish and chips are good so are the stuffed cheese shells).

i do not believe they have raviolis though..lol

parking indeed can be hard, but get there by 4 PM..???

Thanks.

Looked it up. Bad reviews for the food. One reviewer says the C-store employee tried to earn extra pay by shortchanging them.

Aerial imaging shows what looks like ample parking but dirt lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread