Whats for Supper?

I went under that thought too, with a London Broil. I marinated it, vacuum sealed it and into the -10F freezer it went for about 2 weeks until I was off and could enjoy it. I thawed it and seared it on the grille to a rare but warm inside and seared outside. Added a couple of baked taters to it and it was absolutely great, taste and edibility wise. It was marinated in garlic, onion, Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and olive oil.

The next day I couldn't get out of the bathroom. I know, TMI. I have made plenty of London Broils the same way, just never vacuum sealed them. I never had any problems at all with them. I can only attribute that incident with the marinade and freezing. Never again!
That is a fair point.
My frozen vac sealed steaks did not turn out as tender and my refrigerated marinated steaks and yes also the bathroom factor.
Going forward I will just refrigerate marinate. :thumbsup:

Live and learn.

Watch those ulcers. I started having bad stomach pain then feeling faint finally heart started hurting like I was having a heart attack.
Went to ER heart was in distress, found out it was because low hemoglobin. Ulcer was hemorrhaging. Got a couple units of blood. heart fely better but not stomach. Did an Endoscopy. Found a cancer tumor in the ulcer. So now waiting for more tests to be done.
Wow. I hope everything turns out well for you.🙏

There is only one way to quit. QUIT! No pills, vapes, creams, foods, just quit. They lace those coffin nails with all kinds of addictive chemicals so that you go through withdrawal if you try and you have to have that 'fix'.

On my birthday, in 2005, I got so damned drunk, that I couldn't even walk to the corner stop-N-rob to get a pack when I ran out. I was sitting alone and feeling sorry for myself, mainly because I was alone on my birthday and drunk. The wife was working! I decided right then and there I was going to quit and fell into bed in a stupor. I never said anything to anyone about quitting. That way they can't get in your face about it if you should slip. The next morning, I woke up and tossed out everything that pertained to smoking. I made sure there were no butts in the yard, the pick-up ashtray was removed, everything that I could think of.

I went for weeks on a routine where I would get in my pick-up and reach for my smokes. They weren't there. I psyched my brain into hating the smell of cigarettes, stayed out of anyplace where smoking was allowed and when I saw someone smoking, again, you have to make yourself believe it's the most disgusting thing to do. It's 18 years, 2 months and 4 days since I smoked my last cigarette. I don't know how my wife kissed an ashtray for all of those years. She noticed no smell after a few days and never said anything for fear that I would slip, but I never did.

Every day, I took the money that I would have spent on smokes and put it in a box, even going along with the price increases. I got so sick of the interior smell in my pick-up, that I busted open the box after 6 years of 2 packs a day prices and counted it. I don't remember the final tally, but I went to the Ford dealer and ordered and brand new Platinum F-150 as a gift to myself for my success. I used that money as a down payment. I still have that truck today and it still smells new inside.

YOU HAVE TO WANT TO DO IT!!!
45 years chewing Copenhagen. Quit the same day of my heart attack. I evidently didn’t NEED it as there was no withdrawal or nothing. Granted I could take a chew right now and enjoy it.

Watch those ulcers. I started having bad stomach pain then feeling faint finally heart started hurting like I was having a heart attack.
Went to ER heart was in distress, found out it was because low hemoglobin. Ulcer was hemorrhaging. Got a couple units of blood. heart fely better but not stomach. Did an Endoscopy. Found a cancer tumor in the ulcer. So now waiting for more tests to be done.
Sorry to hear that.

They were so good that you had to start your own thread to present them. :drool:

Looks like a nice shoulder chop to me. My favorite.

Pizzaaaa, I Love the Za, Man! 🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

I have not had Pizza in a long time. I had a place that I would go to very often but, I think they sold and last time I was there I was not impressed with their food handling practices. So I am back with the major chain pizza place.

Shrinkflation has hit this place too.
What, this is a large? Looks medium to me. of course I was only thinking that to myself and not taking it out on a minimum wage worker that has no control over the size.

Yeah, the once 18" large is now 16", the medium 16" pie is now 14" and the small that was 10" is called a personal size 8". They are only thinking of your waistline, RJ!

If you are going to make the pie smaller, make the damned boxes smaller too so the pie doesn't slide around inside and throw everything off of it.

Creole chicken fettuccini….

Seems there’s a new ambest Truckstop called the 1020 in Mankato MN. Opened 1/2022.

Food wasn’t bad for a Minnesota creole, but it’s definitely not LOuisianna Cajun

28AC5B23-771F-4F6C-84C0-F3D83847DC14.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread