Whats for Supper?

Raining here today.....time for some oven cooking.....baked chicken with dressing , baked sweet potato, pea salad. Ice tea.

I'm thinking chicken fried steak, smashed taters, 'n cream gravy. Still got an hour to ponder it...

Last night cooked potatoes together with polish sausage, white onion, added cheese, rolled it all into a buritio. Small bowl of mixed fruit. Glass of milk.

Geesh....don't you know there all cousins, or nieces, .i even heard some join ex sister in laws.....or that just a friend...lol

same here, rainy past 3 days...3 more days to go of it too..
I had a super set of parents.....I learned things from them that no school book ever had.....and I might add I still learning. Last night was full moon with a hazel ring.....good sign of storm moving in. I use things two fold....stew for super tonight but oven going for heat with a roaster full of chicken for tomorrow. Low tonight 17.

I had a super set of parents.....I learned things from them that no school book ever had.....and I might add I still learning. Last night was full moon with a hazel ring.....good sign of storm moving in. I use things two fold....stew for super tonight but oven going for heat with a roaster full of chicken for tomorrow. Low tonight 17.
yeah, i have like 2 stores near me, that i can buy a fresh fowl chicken, for homemade chicken soup that i personally make each year around this time.

sometime during the middle of next week, i will be going and picking out a bird, for slaughter.....

yeah, i have like 2 stores near me, that i can buy a fresh fowl chicken, for homemade chicken soup that i personally make each year around this time.

sometime during the middle of next week, i will be going and picking out a bird, for slaughter.....
Now if you really want real fresh bird....just take a walk on the wild side....go the woods and find there feeding area and once that found......use a stake with some twine tied with fish hook with fresh corn strung on it.,then watch the gobbles come in too feed. Now of course your going to have to fisnish the job. Clean the interior and pluck those feathers.....and cook it. It a old ranch trick. You never go hungry living in the wild high country.

Now if you really want real fresh bird....just take a walk on the wild side....go the woods and find there feeding area and once that found......use a stake with some twine tied with fish hook with fresh corn strung on it.,then watch the gobbles come in too feed. Now of course your going to have to fisnish the job. Clean the interior and pluck those feathers.....and cook it. It a old ranch trick.
no thanks...plenty of wild turkeys around here, but i'd rather have someone else deal with the blood and guts...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread