What the Heck is This??

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Premium
@Kiwi303

IMG_20150505_010222.jpg IMG_20150505_010222-1.jpg

Chile???

Sure, why not Chile?

Zespri has a lot of trouble with industrial enspionage...

People climbing over gates at 2am in the trials orchards to snip cuttings off new varieties of kiwifruit undergoing testing before release... Chinese visitors shook down by customs at the airport on the way out and bundles of live twigs confiscated from hidden compartments in their bags...

NZ is only the world leader in Kiwifruit growth because we've been at it longer back when they were Chinese gooseberries and not really all that popular. Due to NZ kiwifruit growers marketing and product development they're now popular worldwide, and qualify as a bandwagon. As with all bandwagons, there's lotsa jumpers leaping aboard.

Italy actually grows more tons of Kiwifruit than NZ does now, but they're licenced varieties and pay Zespri royalties.

Chilifruit might not sell too well, either they'll confuse it with hot peppers or think their tongues would freeze :D

Oh, you mean grown in Chili? When I was on the cruise ships many of the islands grew them. I think they need a warm climate. I use to pick some here and there. They last a long time when you pick them before they are ripe.

I love Kiwi but most end up on the floor. They are a pain to peel. You do half then try to hold on to the peeled part and they launch.

Most of our Kiwis come from either Chili or Italy I am not sure why, But never attempt to bring Kiwis across the border. U.S Customs will lose their freaking minds!

Most of NZ production is destined for the European and Asian markets, hence Chili supplying the US. There is some NZ kiwifruit entering the US but not a lot compared to other markets like Japan.

As to Italy... When NZ vines have flowers, Italian vines have fruit, it's something to do with some phenomenon called "the Equator" and something else called "seasons"

As to Italy... When NZ vines have flowers, Italian vines have fruit, it's something to do with some phenomenon called "the Equator" and something else called "seasons"
OMG:stare1::scared::panic: Global warming! Oh wait, That is how the earth rolls?:p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread