What states can I use 4 ways on a hill climb

Chris w

I've heard a few states would ticket you if you use your 4 way flasher when going slow climbing a hill/mountain can anyone tell me where I can find which states will ticket you or where I can find out

I've heard a few states would ticket you if you use your 4 way flasher when going slow climbing a hill/mountain can anyone tell me where I can find which states will ticket you or where I can find out
really?

What states are supposed to be doing that? First I've ever heard of it.

Rule of thumb is a general consensus that 4-ways are appropriate any time you're traveling below the posted minimum speed.

But Michigan for example has a truck speed limit of 60 and a minimum of 55 so you obviously won't use the 4-ways every time you fall off 6 or 8 mph from the posted maximum.

They're also referred to as EMERGENCY flashers so just use your best judgement and common sense.

I see these jokers running up n down the road at about the speed limit all the time with the 4-ways on in a little misting rain or whatever....
dumbasses.

I have never heard of any States giving drivers a problem for using their 4 ways. I have never seen any posted signs discouraging the use of 4ways, Infact some states will post signs telling you below x speed use 4 ways.

Myself, I will put my 4 ways on for example the speed limit is 65 and I am climbing a hill at around 50 MPH.

I see these jokers running up n down the road at about the speed limit all the time with the 4-ways on in a little misting rain or whatever....
dumbasses.
Yesterday I was doing that.

I lost all accessory power in the rain on I-80 going over that old iron bridge in Joliet. No wipers, no defroster, no power windows. Couldn't see a damn thing, nowhere to pull over, couldn't & stick my head out the window like Ace Ventura. I followed a set of brake lights that had a blinker on the right side, then found my way to the shoulder of the ramp.

Turned the ignition off, back to "run", then off, etc & got my accessory power back.

I'm still pissed that these retarded "college boy" automotive engineers decided that absolutely everything needed to be controlled by a computer. They need to be beaten to death.

really?

What states are supposed to be doing that? First I've ever heard of it.

I have heard this as well, but it has been a long time since I heard anybody mention it.

So, I did a google search.....

----------------------------------------------
According to Esurance and AAA, the following states prohibit the use of hazard lights while driving:

Florida

Hawaii

Illinois

Kansas

Louisiana

Massachusetts

nevada

New Jersey

New Mexico

Rhode Island

Ms. Manners: Using Your Hazard Lights

I have heard this as well, but it has been a long time since I heard anybody mention it.

According to Esurance and AAA, the following states prohibit the use of hazard lights while driving:

Florida

Hawaii

Illinois

Kansas

Louisiana

Massachusetts

nevada

New Jersey

New Mexico

Rhode Island

I will have to keep that in mind when delivering to Hawaii., Because I respect Hawaii. The rest of the states can kiss my country wide ass:p

Florida

Hawaii

Illinois

Kansas

Louisiana

Massachusetts

nevada

New Jersey

New Mexico

Rhode Island

but if you carried on with that link, it mentions some states, use only in an emergency.

The following states allow the use of hazard lights only during emergency situations:

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Delaware

Idaho

Indiana

Iowa

Maine

Maryland

Minnesota

Montana

Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

Tennessee

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

only from what way i read it, i think it means not driving under normal conditions..??

in fog, i use them, in snow (and if i am driving slow) i use them, climbing hills, i use them. and we have all seen many truckers using them, if the trailer tail lights are out, but the flashers still work. i myself had to do that a few years ago on I-495 in MA, and went by the speed traps the troopers have, never been bothered.

we see it as a warning, we are slowing down, like when we come up on a major traffic back up on the highway...right..??

i have even seen 4 wheelers use them as well.....

we see it as a warning, we are slowing down, like when we come up on a major traffic back up on the highway...right..??

I do that too because the car (or truck) with his nose up my ass can't see in front or around me.
But once traffic starts stacking up behind me I turn them off because it looks like a blinker to the traffic on either side.

I do that too because the car (or truck) with his nose up my ass can't see in front or around me.
But once traffic starts stacking up behind me I turn them off because it looks like a blinker to the traffic on either side.
I do the same thing. Yesterday in Madison, Wisconsin, not many came past me when you do that.

I will have to keep that in mind when delivering to Hawaii., Because I respect Hawaii. The rest of the states can kiss my country wide ass:p
Hawaii is a blue state. Therefore I hope a volcano wipes out the entire archipelago & everybody dies. :mad:

Or I strongly support their idle efforts to secede from the union.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread