What scares you, be honest here, in anything, not just trucking

GAnthony

Go away
Premium
So I'll start off..what scares me is driving in the middle of the night, little bit of fog, moving along the road, fog gets denser, some 4 wheeler passes me at high speed, and I see headlights "spinning" up ahead..

This actually happened to me, traveling up Rte 9 in CT, and the car actually spun so many times, the headlights were not only pointing at me now, but moving towards me........luckily, the driver went to the shoulder.

Traveling north on I-95 in CT, I'm in the middle lane, passing a slower truck up the hill. I was doing pretty good. I see cars up ahead of me swerving all over the place..I get to see a 4 wheeler coming south, in my north bound lane...it was an elderly driver, and his wife. he got on the highway using the wrong exit....he drives into the median.....

there were MORE near head on crashes I missed over the years.....the drunk drivers, were the worst to make my heart stop....

now tell us what scares you.........anything.....not just driving...

I agree,All good points. When i first started driving i did alot of night driving. Now that i do O/D Loads nomore night driving.

What scares me is drivers with no respect of the harm they could cause and females who drive Harley's and play on a softball team..

Someone taking one of my kids. That's it, the knowledge that my baby is gone and I don't know where to start looking, and the longer it takes the further from me they might be.

Bring on the world.. THAT's what scares me the most in this life.

Lions....Crocodiles......Democrats in power and teenage girls with cellphones (that would be all of them) behind the wheel.Oh yeah, and runnin out O beer!!!!.....never gonna happen.

Our Nation's Financial situation causing our Dollar to become worthless and massive HYPERINFLATION
Being stranded somwhere during this collapse

Some. Say that will never happen yet it has Germany circa1920's

More recent examples Zimbabwe in the 80'S
The Ruble After Soviet Union collapse of 90-91
Argentena 2002

The sad part is we have far more debt than those nations ever could've had combined

Someone taking one of my kids. That's it, the knowledge that my baby is gone and I don't know where to start looking, and the longer it takes the further from me they might be.

Bring on the world.. THAT's what scares me the most in this life.

I'm with you. I have a young family and what scares me the most is losing one of them to some crazed looney or anything that would take them away from me. There are only three things in my life that you don't mess with, My Family, My Money, and my right to believe in God.

The other thing that scares the crapola out of me is Barrack Obama and his banditos.... what a bunch of loons.

Oh, the other thing that scares me pertaining to driving, getting into a fatal wreck and not being able to say goodbye. That is why it is important to make my time count.

Driving at night in the pouring rain and real thck fog and when it's snowing out,I think that scares me the most the snow.Otherwise I don't mind night driveing.Being in the hammer lane and seeing swift close to the car in front of him,I aways wonder if he's going to get in the hammer lane and not even look.It's happened a few times forced me to step on the brks.

Spiders and fire... can't imagine anything worse.

Losing someone I love, very high narrow roads over a body of water in a moving vehicle, and spiders.

Fear of them cutting into the military pay first by our government, my husband ever having to drive donner's pass, rattlesnakes

Other than something happening to my kids or family, the thing that scares me the most is the direction our country is going in....It's not good and there's not ONE THING that the American people are willing to do to make a difference...I think by the time my kids are my age we will no longer recognize the America that we once knew..

My Mother -In-Law was 92, passed away last march, and every time I open the lid on the garbage can, the smell from her Diapers, hits me right in the face, I puked a couple of times.

Death by drowning or fire. Either one has got to be a terrible way to die.

And Clowns. Can't forget clowns.

I almost drowned when I was a kid, got sucked into an icy mountain river while goofing around, your brain protects itself, it shuts down so it is numb to the lack of oxygen, I was in coma for one and a half days, when they pulled me out, my pulse was 16 and my outer body temp was 64, I was in the water for two hours, trying to stay afloat, another few minutes, I would have been over the falls and that would have been the end of Boone.

The demonic easter bunny from the Twilight Zone movie.

The skeletal-puppet-horse thing from the movie Poltergeist. ...

to this freakin' day...

Other drivers on the road. Especially when im on my bike.

TruckingBiker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread