What makes a sandwich, a sandwich?

Limburger cheese and onion is not a good sandwich
never had that cheese. all i know about it, is that it stinks.

The bread a sub is put on is a sub loaf or itialian loaf which is sliced to make the sandwich. By your theory here all bread is a single piece. All bread is cooked as a loaf the. Sliced.
But that’s what I’m saying, a proper sandwich is made from two slices of bread.

I mean, we could say there are sandwiches made with bread and some sandwiches made from buns

But then you start down the slippery slope because then people will want to know where hamburgers fit in. A hamburger is not a sandwich after all

Better just to leave that door closed

But that’s what I’m saying, a proper sandwich is made from two slices of bread.

I mean, we could say there are sandwiches made with bread and some sandwiches made from buns

But then you start down the slippery slope because then people will want to know where hamburgers fit in. A hamburger is not a sandwich after all

Better just to leave that door closed
But a hamburger like a hotdog is it’s own thing. But by definition a hamburger is a sandwich. A sub isn’t served on a bun it’s served on a loaf that’s cut into two slices. I stand firm that a sub is a sandwich.

But a hamburger like a hotdog is it’s own thing. But by definition a hamburger is a sandwich. A sub isn’t served on a bun it’s served on a loaf that’s cut into two slices. I stand firm that a sub is a sandwich.
Which certainly puts wraps/burritos, gyros, tacos, and hot dogs into a different class.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread