What do you think about

lunachic

BITE ME !
Earthships.........
I read the google threads about them, Sound pretty good anyone have any idea's about them or different way's improvemnts things like that............

I think you'd have a helluva' time getting one approved by your Home-owner's Association, and, the local building inspector would tell you that if that building practice wasn't in the code, it would never be approved for occupancy.

Interesting concept, and, I'm certain, in the right environment it would provide a secure shelter. I wonder how well it would stand up against hurricane force winds and a tidal surge?

Well we have 4 ac. in N.M. in the desert. (worthless) It was bought over 50 years ago (scam) but handed down and the tax's have been kept up.
My dad had dreams of riding the open range. So they bought that instead of swamp land in Fl. Which is now Disney go figure.
So I joined this forum to keep up on what is going on and someone brought this up.
A few years ago someone drilled for water but only hit salt water, And after a few attempts gave up. Still some saltwater pockets around.
Of course I would like to see something (anything) happen thataway.
Found out they mined for salt for years someplace (you all know that the desert was once a ocean floor)
Then found out this New Mexico Environment Department NMED Waste Isolation Pilot Project WIPP Home Page
But can't figure out that to the location of the land. So all that's there r that catus snakes wolves sand coyote's and they keep finding dead people.
It's outside of Belen, 30 miles west of albuq.
I think it would be a perfect place for Earth ships.

We actually looked at this as a possibility on our land. The idea is really intriguing and someone did have a university do a wind test on one of the structures and it held to 90 mph sustained winds. We ended up with some of that "saltwater" land in Oklahoma that has turned out to be worthless so we decided not to build on it - go figure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread